Worst Guest ever, opened 2 cases against me and left a Horrible review full of lies. Since then no inquiries

Here is a link to one of the two articles that the NYTimes wrote this week:

1 Like

Unfortunately, people are a bit afraid of traveling in Paris rght now…Which means it’s totally the time to go!

2 Likes

I had a similar guest recently - they had me running about for 2 weeks the flat was too light not light enough - got blinds and more lights - several other complaints expected a bad review but nooo they gave a nice one - so you never know when a guest is demanding are they being an ahole or just high maintainence - then had a couple who wanted a discount to start with - then complained afterwards I didnt give them one - I responded explaining the guests messages and my responses and basically said guest highly demanding - some people just want a discount - re guests that write in foreign language I respond by using google translate and say I think the guest is trying to say this - … I been a host since end of 2010 the ratio of moaners is minimal so expect it - aim to be a great host and expect 5% to be horrid - I would say as time goes by you learn who to say no to - that way minimising your bad reviews.

It’s a horrible thing to benefit from the appalling attacks that have takn place in France and elsewhere, but Spain has definitely benefitted not just from that but also as an alternative to other destinations which people see as unsafe now such as Turkey, Tunisia and Egypt and has seen record numbers of tourists this year.

All of which makes me feel a little anxious that we may be being too complacent here … I don’t think people’s response to the attcks is absurd, although they may be exaggerated. And unfair, I think, to say that there is “fear-baiting” going on, when actually the whole rationale of the attacks is to create fear … and unfortunately it’s beginning to succeed.

2 Likes

For an American, the chance of dying in a car crash is far greater than dying from a terrorist event in Europe. And yet, most Americans get into a car on a daily basis.

And there is no question, that there are numerous country leaders and would be country leaders that are using the age old strategy of creating “others” as the enemy without any nuance. We have seen this a lot in recent history, and sadly, it often works. In the USA, we have been forced to give up a lot of our civil rights in the name of security.

1 Like