Will setting my check-in window to after 7pm effect my reservations?

When you have fly in guests this works. I’d just advise any new host to be careful of asking guests when they will check in because this changes frequently. Usually it is later than expected (thankfully) but sometimes earlier. Those who have suggested to block it until you know it’s ready and then hope for a last minute booking is only going to work with places that get last minute bookings.

1 Like

Me as a guest, I would pass your listing for this very reason.
It is very late to check in. Most people who travel arrive earlier in the day, drop the luggage, take a shower do stuff in the city rather than walk around with their luggage waiting until 7PM for check in.

1 Like

I agree with those suggesting a prep day built into your calendar.

If you do the 7pm or later check-in, be sure you make it VERY clear in your confirmation message. Even though people should read, I’m afraid this will show up as negative marks on the arrival/check-in question in your ratings.

Also, if you do the 7pm, see if you can suggest a local place to drop bags. Fewer transport places (train or bus stations) have lockers anymore. Hotels don’t like to officially offer the service to non-guests. Museum bag checks are about the only reliable thing I’ve found.

For anyone who uses a museum for baggage check, be sure to find out the museum’s open hours.

1 Like

5 pm is the latest check-in that we would find acceptable. Our check-ins are 2 - 10 pm. Guests usually want to check-in before dinner with enough time to relax, shower, check the Internet, etc.

1 Like