Will anyone critique my listing(s) - 1906 Farmhouse

I was doing that based on the same assumption until they took away the pet-friendly filter and my bookings and page views dove down. I put up the wifi speed and have been back-to-back guests ever since. It’s not that my guests need the wifi so much as the search engine really boosted the listing after adding the speed.

I absolutely understand the concern but I still recommend listing the wifi speed to anyone who needs more bookings because it seems to work really well for that. And you can’t worry about refunding a booking that you don’t have :wink:

3 Likes

I gave up after reading the first para or two of her article far too long :slight_smile:

I didn’t read the article but I would add that that kind of thing also goes against under-promise and over-deliver. I’d be worried about guests being disappointed and leaving an apt review since I don’t know what blows each individual mind.

2 Likes

Thanks for your feedback.

1 Like

+1 to this. I have no issue with under-promising, cos my creative side is crippled with endless self-doubt and “you’re not good enough” (oh and as discussed elsewhere I am apparently a meek and agreeable woman :crazy_face:), so when people write “beautiful and stylish” i’m shocked. I describe it as “cosy and rustic” to keep expectations firmly in place. However, there is a good tip in that article: to use guest reviews to help describe your space. that way you aren’t tooting your own horn, and technically not over-promising.

1 Like

Well, what a wildly illogical and foolish discussion that must’ve been. :flushed:

Someone was obviously entirely unsuccessful in making the point they intended because it’s inconceivable that could have been even remotely part of it. :heart_eyes:

Our guests are far more generous about our listings than I would ever dare be :pensive: I know the numerous flaws too well. Besides, I suspect they write their reviews while they still have that comfortable buzz from having had their asses kissed for five or six days in a row.

It’s certainly a niche market up here in New England, you won’t find it much at all, so it’s been rather easy to corner it. However, I don’t want to promise it lest I wake up one morning with some dignity and am unable to provide it. :rofl:

5 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy: OMG I laughed out loud

2 Likes