Why you wait so long for customer service!

Most of us have played the waiting game to get through to customer service. Superhosts are actually awarded faster access as a “perk”, Here’s an interesting commentary as to why.

1 Like

And that is exactly what happens with all the host who say they don’t file a claim or submit a resolution request or inquire… there is ZERO chance of success if you don’t even try. Yes, sadly, the cost of time and effort does sometimes make it seem counterproductive but for me that threshold is much different and I guess that’s part of why my success rate may seem high at about 50% or more.

1 Like

I’ve only ever waited a couple of minutes at the most. Maybe it depends where you are based?

How long as a superhost do you normally wait?

1 Like

As a superhost I usually have a short wait of a minute or two but have waited as long as 12-15 minutes. The issue is compounded though by having to call back. For example, the last time I called was 26 Dec to cancel a same day or next day arrival whose payment hadn’t gotten through. I got the same email @Xena posted about in another thread on the topic. Despite an email telling me I can cancel without penalty I spent about an hour over two separate phone calls with two agents trying to get the booking cancelled.

1 Like

As a SH I have had to wait up to 30 minutes during peak times (holidays etc) but last year I have literally walked 3 miles with a phone in my ear on hold. I can’t say if that is the case now, hopefully they have improved.

I have also been given the choice of getting a return call. That’s a good deal.

What I found intriguing was the 2 lines - first the CSR and then the case manager. Only the case manager has the ability to make a decision.

The last number of times I’ve called the SH line, I’ve gotten through immediately. There was a 3rd party booking made back in September I had to call twice to get canceled (first person I talked to didn’t know what the SH line was or that 3rd party bookings were against the TOS). Other than that, the people I’ve talked to seemed more well-informed than those who answer the help tickets through the app.

1 Like