Why I don't provide breakfast anymore

… I wasn’t replying to you in that posting. It should be blazingly obvious to whom I was replying, as it’s in direct response to her statement.

If you need another clue… Look directly above my posting for the user “dcmooney”

No, not blazingly obvious. Maybe because your guesses about dcmooney’s listing are so far off base I didn’t realize you were addressing her.

I’m still wondering what your issue is with hosts who don’t serve breakfast.

The service is called Air bed and breakfast.
Not air pay me and get lost.

No need to be quite so combative :slight_smile:

And welcome to the forums …both as a host and a guest.

3 Likes

That’s not what it’s called but I see you are not to be deterred in your little campaign. Thanks for the reply.

1 Like

Because I’m sick of general public telling me how bad Airbnb is when my guests all give rave reviews of me but then I see such bad hosts mucking things up for the rest of us.
I get 70% occupancy give or take, but if people would clean up their act, I could be fully booked.

Oh, and by the way. The original name of this service was Airbedandbreakfast.

Not AirbedandNObreakfast. (Edited for confusing typo)

This service was founded by the people who actually started it (that would be Joe and Brian) to have breakfast included.

https://www.quora.com/Where-did-Airbnb-get-its-name-What-does-the-name-mean

End of discussion. The name of this company is based on including breakfast. If the people who invented the company calling it “and breakfast” isn’t enough for you, then you’re just unwilling to even consider an opposing view (in this case, the PROVEN correct stance) and are not worth talking to, because it’s not a discussion at that point.

/Mic drop, walk off.

1 Like

Follow my link so you can see the original webpage. Airbnb is an abbreviated form of “Airbedandbreakfast.com” in fact, that domain name is still valid.

BnB = B&B = Bed and Breakfast … YES !!!

Is there any obligation to give breakfast when working with AirBnB… NO !!!

Should you state clearly if you provide breakfast… YES !!!
This is automatic for any property but maybe AirBnB should make it clearer to guests.

Do I provide breakfast… YES !!! Because I think it’s too much hassle, too much money and too much time lost for my guests to go and find a decent place to have breakfast. And should they want an early breakfast it may very well be impossible to find anything open. So I am very happy to serve my guests something that gets there day started so they can enjoy there travels to the fullest. At our place it’s part of the experience, with the hopes of having happy guests.

Do I think all of you should serve breakfast… NO!!! It’s your place, your rules, your business. I haven’t got any clue if it makes any sense for you to serve breakfast. Do whatever you please :relaxed::kissing_heart:.

Should we be impolite to each other here… PLEASE NO… :scream::sweat:

Happy hosting!

7 Likes

I thought he was bragging about his high occupancy rate? Did I miss something in a post?

2 Likes

@J_Wang - “…he’s blaming us for his low occupancy rate.”
@anon67190644 - “I thought he was bragging about his high occupancy rate.”

He was doing both.

He also threw this in: “…if people would clean up their act, I could be fully booked.” (I’m not going to even try and figure that one out.)

3 Likes

Ah. That is the distilled version– If other hosts were all as perfect as he is, then he would have more bookings.

Sadly, he isn’t completely wrong on this one. AirBNB doesn’t enforce even the most basic hosting requirements since they clearly want all booking fees even if guests are miserable. But breakfast isn’t the line in the sand. The line is about cleanliness, safety, and basic accommodation.

3 Likes

@J_Wang - “…he’s blaming us for his low occupancy rate.”
@anon67190644 - “I thought he was bragging about his high occupancy rate.”
@SandyToes “He was doing both.”

People, stop nagging other people and publicly gossiping about them. Don’t lower yourself to the standard of others, give them the time and chance to come up to yours. Dru_Nei is very passionate about what he does. Let him be as passionate as he wants to be.

@Dru_Nei Please be nicer to the other people on this forum. Everyone has their ways and their rights to do as they please. An occupancy of 70% is already incredible :heart_eyes: and it will keep improving because of your passion and your care. Don’t worry too much about what other people do or don’t do. It’s a self-regulating system, the ones that really make clients unhappy will automatically be selected out through time.

Happy hosting to all !!!

2 Likes

@GutHend – Okay, let me get this straight. We’re being scolded for “nagging” and “gossiping” while your friend is just being “passionate about what he does.”

Gotcha.

If all hosts were as perfect as he is, he would have more competition. :wink:

2 Likes

I think Air will deactivate listings with poor ratings

Then try harder and improve your occupancy rate! Your poor occupancy rate has absolutely nothing to do with other hosts - it’s entirely up to you. Have you noticed how many used car dealers there are in the world? And aren’t they the type of business that has one of the worst reputations?

What other hosts do is no concern of yours. If listings are bad with poor hosts, they’ll soon be a) removed by Airbnb or b) realise that the Airbnb system means work and not necessarily a way to make easy money.

As you’ve realised by reading this, many hosts here don’t offer breakfast (and often they can’t legally) but still have higher occupancy rates than 70%. You can’t blame everything on other people.

There are many ways of promoting your listing, improving customer service, getting repeat guests and so on to be sure to achieve better occupancy and customer satisfaction. This forum is an absolute wealth of knowledge so it’s a good idea to take a good look at older topics.

Most of the people who post here regularly are very experienced hosts so it’s a great idea to pick their brains and learn from them.

P.S. I’m not going to apologise to any used car dealers reading this because I used to be one. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Obviously the founders wanted to expand beyond airbeds in the living room and boxes of cereal. Why aren’t you angry at the founders for allowing hosts to list without offering breakfast? Shouldn’t you be emailing Brian to let him know this so he can deactivate all of us who “muck” it up for you?

4 Likes

I just went through all the settings and I don’t see any method for blocking other users. Maybe someone else will see that magic button.

1 Like

Thanks @anon67190644 for trying to help my post has been removed and I’ve been notified of that by Tom. Shame that so many others flagged my post of @Dru_Nei abusing me and others on the forum and rather than help or so his behavior, my request for help is deleted. So it’s Bon voyage from me. I won’t be back on this site ever again.

You can ignore people but you can’t block them @Emily