Why I don't provide breakfast anymore

We arrange with them what time will work for them. If it’s a time that works for us, which it usually is, then it’s fine. If it’s not, then we go to the self-serve something small model and still make coffee.

It’s easy if you live with them.
It’s not easy for me if I have to bring it every morning drive 10 minutes there set up the table for them. All my listings are entire house booking it’s just not practical

Actually this spelling might be appropriate because America is going to get augered (screwed, drilled) by this incoming circus.

5 Likes

You don’t have to provide breakfast if you don’t want to.

Your complaint was that no-one ate it or asked for things you don’t provide. Milk can easily be decanted into a glass bottle with a lid. You can easily leave a half loaf instead of a full loaf.

Or you can provide nothing. I’m not sure it matters as all the Airbnb’s I’ve stayed in (and now I’m into the 20s with different listings ) only 2 or 3 offering breakfast and it didn’t guarantee them s five star whereas others without breakfast still got five stars.

I provide breakfast because I like to, it makes me feel good feeding people :slight_smile:

Would love to see pictures, dcmooney. Sounds lovely.

(Separate (related) question: I know why most ppl don’t give the link to their listing, but if they did give the link where would I find it? Thanks for any answers.)

A few have it on their profile. When you click on their forum name you see this:

Others put it on this thread

Some won’t list it publically but will private message you if you ask.

Others will tell you to “#$%& off” if you ask. You can guess how I know this. LOL.

6 Likes

@KKC, you are a dream! Thank you for your response!

And in the case of [quote=“K9KarmaCasa, post:30, topic:10712”]
Others will tell you to “#$%& off” if you ask
[/quote]

well…consider the source. They probably suspect you of being a spy! Or not. lol :smirk:

It doesn’t bother me. Some people have stalkers and oddballs that bother them. Some people just don’t like me (gasp! Hard to imagine!) LOL.

1 Like

Ha ha, I have a stalker on messenger ATM he’s such a wet blanket, if anyone is looking for a husband in the OC I can give you his details before I defriend him tonight with my annual Facebook clean out :heart_eyes:

Well,…is he gay? :slight_smile: I’m just next door in the LAC :)))

1 Like

Emily is in Australia, not Cali. LOL

I knew she wasn’t in Columbia, but where is OC? I thought that was Orange County, CA :slight_smile:

Yes, I am referring to Orange County in Cali and Yes I am in Australia. Albeit stalker keeps stating he is coming here, lol thank goodness he doesn’t have my address

and he may be gay, based on his selfies drinking cocktails and his bright purple suede shoes, not that there’s anything wrong with that…

3 Likes

Wait a minute…how does it go from a selfie of him drinking cocktails to one of his shoes (are we missing an area?).

Nevermind…don’t answer.

1 Like

…shades of Seinfeld! :)))

2 Likes

I dont “prepare breakfast” because I dont want the IRS to deem me a bnb for tax purposes. The way I understand it is that if you go into their room to change sheets , clean etc…, if you cook them breakfast, if you give them rides, you are considered a bnb and have to pay self employment ss tax. I NEVER go into their room. There are some snacks in their but I dont cook. I dont allow stays more than 10 days because the room would be too dirty;the shower would be scummy.

1 Like

The way I understand it is that you have to pay self employment tax if you are self employed and make over $400 a year. I was not aware that the type of self employment made any difference. Tax season is upon us and I’m sure we will see many many threads about taxes, most including wildly inaccurate information. LOL

2 Likes

If you file a Schedule C you pay the SS and Medi Taxes [both employer contribution and employee.] If you file a Schedule E you don’t.

2 Likes

Could not agree more! People FAR too fussy, and expect way too much. I’ve had requests for Almond Milk, sugar free jams, specialty breads, freshly squeezed orange juice (not store bought in bottle), down to specific coffee types.
Living in a remote area, it is either hard to find goods, or they are ridiculously expensive. I am NOT a supermarket, but I have the basics that I use, and guests are welcome to these if they so wish (fresh farm eggs, coffee maker, wholemeal bread) but anything else - it’s BYO.:cherries::watermelon::strawberry:

Fresh squeezed juice & sugar free jam, delusional, if you’re on a diet, simple, don’t eat jam or bread for that matter

1 Like