Why did I agree to this booking?

Oh! Happy birthday @azreala!

So. What does one do with a birthday kid on this forum, what’s the tradition eih??

1 Like

In Prague they have the coolest and hippest cocktail bars. I had my first cosmopolitan on New Years Eve with my son at a sweet place called the Cash Only Bar. Oh. And the cocktails were under $6 US.

2 Likes

I remember that night. I was in the bar next door, Card Only

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

If you remember that night you weren’t doing it correctly. :wink:

4 Likes

Those are beautiful martini glasses. Now I feel like watching The Thin Man.

1 Like

I don’t remember the bit after I switched to the Cash Only lol

1 Like

So the Cash Only bar only offers fabulous drinks plus hot dog baskets and popcorn. If you are in Praha, it’s a must do.

1 Like

Indeed, it was such a memorable night I remember nothing about it (@EllenN!)

1 Like

Perhaps you come from one of those countries where the whole family sits in their sauna au naturale without missing a blink? I come from an Anglo country and am still recovering from the accidental sight of one of my mother’s boobies about 40 years ago. My therapist says I might never fully recover and should move on.

I can’t imagine sharing a bed with any member of my family, male or female. When travelling with platonic friends I always insist on separate rooms let alone beds.

My point is you are entitled to your own arrangements that you feel comfortable with but not to judge others on theirs.

3 Likes

Don’t be a Godwin’s Law Nazi! Now it’s triggered.

Wow! Those are BEAUTIFUL glasses! Gin is too much for me, but a nice cosmopolitan would work.
Happy Birthday :tada: I think we share the same birthday.

Sorry, STRAIGHT gin is too much for me (I do enjoy a nice GnT with a splash of lime and a twig of borage).

1 Like

It looks like me in that picture. Hmmmm. So that is the bar?! It looks like a wide hallway. Amazing what they can do with the space… and so cool that your son took you there!

I can see your problem… At least you’re already able to talk about it :+1:.

Of course any one should choose the setup they prefer. I wasn’t judging any guest’s preferences, to me it was only very strange that the OP thinks it’s impossible for a mother and her son to sleep in one bed.

On sleeping in one bed: Depending on the amount of family members that is in town, we block our calendar. But since Peruvians aren’t always great at communicating their plans in advance :unamused: it’s not always clear who will be present when. So two months ago, all of a sudden we had our two guest bedrooms booked and I ended up sleeping in one bed with my hubby, my mother-in-law and my sister-in-law. We turned the queen size bed 90° to allow for some extra space. All of us slept quite well. The only awkward moment was, when one of our guests walked into the room, thinking they were entering the bathroom and they saw the 4 of us stacked together :rofl:.

2 Likes

Like many little places in Prague it’s tucked away in an old building… It’s tight quarters but somehow still so cozy.
There’s another one we went to that was underground. Just like the speakeasies of old. When you looked up, you saw feet walking by. But there were no signs or anything. You just found it via street number… And it’s right off the main tourist drag Wenceslas Square! We loved it because you sat down and they interviewed you and a cocktail artist would creat a custom libation. AND, it was cheap!

1 Like

That’s a rare combination. Sounds like SO much fun!

1 Like

You must visit Prague! Fantastic destination.

1 Like

I just saw this post and it is pertinent to me! I have a two bedroom/2 queen unit, with an option to put a great Serta queen airbed and another twin in the common dining cove. My issue is that I can get a 4 person booking, and they never mention the airbeds despite my asking ( it is super clear in my description) and there is a small charge for set up and breakdown b/c it is a hassle. Suddenly, at 10 pm, they are messaging be that they are not couples and want the airbeds. Grrrrr! And they balk at the charge even though they see me sweating. Super grrrrr!

hahaha as a Brit I agree with you … years ago I noticed a ‘bruise’ on my mum’s boob as she bent down, both sights still fill me with horror at the thought! (35yrs ago)
I was in Republic of Macedonia at the weeknd (airbnb) and was horrified to see the toilet door was a huge panel of frosted glass. I banished my whole family to the bedroom so I could use the loo! Filled me with nightmare induced thoughts of what was being shown through the glass! My family didn’t care as they are more laid-back Greeks!

1 Like

I have this for my own use and LOVE IT! My room is above my airbnb basement apartment living room. I paid to have extra insulation put in the ceiling during the remodel, and this noice machine masks any extra noice, and also helps with the hipsters that live next door and take late night smoke breaks on their lawn. Also, I put a large, good quality fan (not a box fan) in the stairwell leading down to the apt. and that helps too. Some noise is inevitable, and I just chalk it up the “the sound of making money”. And children’s laughter is always welcome. :relieved:::family_man_girl_boy: