Why did I agree to this booking?

What you been smoking Guttie?

1 Like

@GutHend, Both words come to English through French: you might recognize saisir and cesser. Cease is also related to incessant.
With these connections, you should never confuse them again!

2 Likes

I thought the couch comment was :joy:. :zap::up: Maybe we do use a liter a night to hydrate our organs and cells, but we sure as heck don’t lose it on the sofa, mattress or wherever we are sleeping. Our body may use a litre of fluid overnight INTERNALLY but very little will be sweated out unless you are a sweaty person (which some men are) or drunk and your kidney and liver are overloaded (which those of us who are lyckynon a Friday night or holiday are :wine_glass:

I’ve had adult sons sleep in the same bed as their mother in my listing on numerous occasions. Have also had fathers and daughters, though less frequently.

2 Likes

This is fascinating as I am in my second month. Regarding air mattress, and guest combinations, my first responses included father - daughter pairs for my full bed situation. By the second set, I knew to verify that they realized there was a full size bed. The second set guest father had planned to use his camping equipment. He set himself up on the patio with his twin air mattress and sleeping bag for their 8 night stay. It worked well except it rained the last two nights so he brought the air mattress in and squeezed in, subjecting his daughter to his snoring. I thought about marketing this “camping” side of possibility but am choosing to let it be a one - off as I really only want to accommodate 1 - 2 people at a time. Thanks for all of your sharing. (This is a reply to @GutHend)

1 Like

I once had a grown man apply to bring his mother, in her 70s, to stay in my apartment which only has a queen bed. I asked how that would work for them and he said he’d sleep on the floor, and proceeded to tell me how much healthier that was anyway. I declined them. In another case when 3 showed up to stay when 2 were booked, I told them the apartment is for 2, and asked them to get a hotel. They weren’t happy about it, but they cancelled the booking and left. Business is business, rules are rules.

5 Likes

I’m am almost 37yo and my Mother is almost 69yo. We don’t mind sleeping together in a queen when we don’t find economic twin/double options. Would you decline us :face_with_raised_eyebrow:? We are both really sweet :relaxed:.

4 Likes

Wow, he scored a spring chicken! I bet there’s an interesting story behind how you met. Feel free to PM me!

2 Likes

OMG this is so embarrassing ! :rofl::rofl::rofl:
I forgot to type the M in mother. It’s my mother not my other ! :rofl::joy::sweat_smile:
My other is 31yo. I scored the spring chicken :heart_eyes:.

8 Likes

Oh bahahahahahahahahahaahahhaha… too funny!!!

3 Likes

Good catch, kona! (I sorta wish it were the first scenario - juicier premise!)

3 Likes

Then again, I could do with a 69yo, if only he were very rich and with a heart condition :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

4 Likes

You did say ‘heart’ right? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

@SandyToes Yes, apart from his heart condition I would however prefer a total softy. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Well, this sure has been a lively discussion. I hope at the very least everyone agrees on the premise of “your listing, your rules.” And that, if a guest agrees to terms, they should abide by them.

I always appreciate the level-headed advice of many on this forum, but there sure is a gauntlet to run through to get it! To those who think my sofa is too precious, there’s an ancient Airbnb curse: May 1,000 guests have their way with your sofa. :grinning:

4 Likes

The reason we are level headed is because we like to banter with each other! :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

This is so true. I would add to it that now I always send a message about my most important rules when guests send a request, so I can confirm that they’ve actually read the parts that cover behavior that stress me out the most. This drastically reduced the most egregious behavior, so I’m better able to cope with the occasional minor transgression.

1 Like

Please remember, Airbnb is the short form of Air Bed and Breakfast. I know that some of us don’t provide breakfast, any longer, but surely we will honour the founders’ legacy and always provide air beds for guests :grin:

4 Likes

That’s right! Why else would a STR company have AIR in their name?!!
I hear the original air mattress of the founders is displayed in the corporate lobby. :rofl:

1 Like

Ha ha! After all that, no, probably not! Guests with a sense of humor always welcome. There were other things that other guy said that were creepy. Enough said.

2 Likes