White towels/sheets and nightmare of P20

I’m south of Tampa and near a local beach. I pre-treat stains by scrubbing with a damp solution of Borax and then soak sheets in Borax before washing in scent-free soap. Also, hot water seems to work a treat

Good luck. Shower before bed doesn’t seem to matter if they use certain night creams…

It shouldn’t be. I said above (in 2018 how time flies) that the stuff I was using was bought in 2015. Most of it is still in use. (Admittedly some pieces have been retired for our own use. They are still in good nick but not good enough for guests - I’m very picky).

I’m near a Florida beach too and the majority of guests are here for a beach holiday. And I’m so glad to see the word ‘scrub’. A great way of keeping bedlinen and towels in great shape is good old fashioned elbow grease. Harsh chemicals, washing in hot water, hot dryers, those dreaded dryer sheets - all these can be kept to a minimum (or omitted altogether in the case of dryer sheets) and any fabrics’ life will be extended enormously.

1 Like

I had the same problem. I used OUT White Brite and a whole bottle of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide. Stains came out, no problem. Phew!

I discovered Vanish Pet Stain remover, for carpets and upholstery last year, when the kittens we had, had campylobacter, and I had to close. It seems to work, on all stains, without bleach or peroxide, including red wine, blood and obviously, poo.

Digging out an unused pair of curtains to up-cycle y’day, I found what looked like coffee/tea spilt on the hem, so sprayed, prayed and left it. Just checked, and the stain has gone completely. The fabric is a white background with indigo Mandarin flowers, and the indigo is intact.

Contains enzymes, so the in-house boffin tells me.

No clue on how to save, but do follow the advice to use colored towels/sheets. I use a laundry sanitizer rather than bleach, but don’t know if it reacts with p20. The one thing that ruins my bed linens is acne meds. I discovered this from my teenage granddaughter staying over and seeing the result when I washed her pillowcases. Fortunately it doesn’t happen often.

If even bleach does not help remove these stains, then I do not know what to advise you. Once, amazon stain remover helped me in such a situation, which my friend shared. After removing all the stains from white things, I ordered this stain remover for myself. It turns out that it was originally intended to remove stains from babies’ clothes. Still, it is absolutely non-toxic and, at the same time, effective. So you can try to take my advice because you have a chance to save your white towels. I hope my post will be useful to you. Good luck to ya.