Which guest left what star ratings?

OKay…I know this has been discussed but I am too lazy to weed through past threads to figure out who left me what star rating. I figured it out long ago and now I have no idea!

I just received a review that was very good, and the guest uses “great” to describe the location. I could have sworn before this review that I had all five stars in all categories. Now location is showing 4 and half.

I can’t recall if sometimes the stars are delayed. For example - maybe the previous guest rated a 3 on location but only now it is showing up. The previous guest describes the location as private, yet close to everything they wanted to do.

I know guests will say one thing, yet rate lower in stars…hmmm. How do I find out?

You don’t. You open a nice Pinot Grigio, sit back and try to decide if that cloud looks like a heart or a double hump camel. Cheers to the next booking!

7 Likes

Lol! I’m actually ecstatic that someone reviewed me on their own will! And not reviewing me in the hopes of having something shipped back.

But I still gotta know because I am thinking it was a 3. Unless I was hanging on the verge of 4/5 star for location, and one more four brought it down…

1 Like

You need to set up a spreadsheet or write it down how many stars you got then when you get a review check which ones have changed. It’s the only way. Lol

1 Like

I know there used to be some way in there…lol. I think it said something like “the last 3 guests left you a 5 for cleanliness” and so on. Then you could just go back and count “1,2,3” and then the 4th guest was the guilty one! It would have this in each category.

1 Like

I still see that “your last x ratings were x” thing on the stats page… But I have to admit that i’ve never been entirely sure whether it means the last x consecutive stays, or last x consecutive reviews (which, in my case, are rarely the same thing), so I keep a google spreadsheet, and update it with every review.

1 Like

It’s the last reviews. It says that in the description. Your last 5 reviews were 5 stars. Also, if they don’t review, they can’t give you a star rating. So, yes, it’s based on those that review you.

We have started keeping an excel spreadsheet.

You don’t. You open a nice Pinot Grigio, sit back and try to decide if that cloud looks like a heart or a double hump camel. Cheers to the next booking!

I am adding that response to the @KKC Hall of Fame.

5 Likes

I wish it was easier. Before refreshing anything, I go to the Stats page which I always have open somewhere. I write down by hand the current set of category totals, e.g., Accuracy, Location. Then I update the page and compare the numbers, for example, Cleanliness was 38/8/2 becomes 39/8/2 or 38/9/2. I’m not consistent about this, but usually it’s nice to know. You’ll see the written review raving about place, but giving you 4/5 on a couple of things. Why Air can’t just give you the rating numbers makes no sense to me.