Where is my money?

Darn, I forgot to bring up the pizzas :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Where is my money…yes…
Air BnB hasn’t paid me for 2 weeks…!!
I have to update my details they say…?
There’s 5 couples who have stayed and paid yet I’ve had no money from them…
What happens in a case like this?
All my details are correct for air BnB… I’ve updated everything… they even have a copy of my driver’s license…!!
So more people are due to stay… what do I do…?
Cancel the reservations…?
It’s a crime to do this to hosts…
I am a super host too and have been hosting for several years…
Any help would be gratefully received…
Thank you…

Seems like a simple solution… and they probably need banking info to pay you.

Hi again… they have had my banking information for the whole time I’ve been a host 6-7 years…
Always been the same… plus they now have my driver’s license details …
So now they owe me for 5 bookings…
I thought I might have had some support and help from this forum.

Umm… what exactly did you think a forum comprised of random hosts from all over the world were going to do for you?

As per the forum title, this is most definitely not a support forum.

Nobody here has a magic Airbnb wand, you’ll have to pester them yourself to sort your issue, either via CS or by using social media.

JF

2 Likes

Sorry, we’re not a support forum. This is, as it says above, a place for hosts to connect with other hosts. We certainly can’t help with any issues you have with Airbnb as we have no connection with the company other than it being one of the advertising platforms that most of us use. The company does have an official forum, plus an extensive help section.

1 Like

Thank you… I’ve tried ringing them but no joy… I’ve tried the help sections but no joy it seems air BnB can just withold host’s money at random when they like…it could happen to any host I guess…
Just thought some other people might have had the same experience and could offer suggestions…
But thank you for your help…

1 Like

Check that the box is checked for ‘default’ next to your payout method, even if you only have one payout method.
The other thing I did was call and ask if the guest had paid. Once I knew that airbnb had the money, at least it relieved half of my worry.

@JohnF suggested that you use social media, which is probably the best thing to do. In other words, succinctly report your problem on the official Airbnb Twitter page and on the official Airbnb Facebook page. Something like this:

“Have had 5 completed Airbnb reservations over last 2 weeks and NO payment. CS hasn’t helped. What to do?”

I’ve never actually had to do anything like this, so others who have might have a better suggestion about what to say and how often to post it.

What does that mean?

Thank you Rebecca for your advice…
I’ll try that…

Hi Jan, can you be more specific about what happens when you call? Do they answer? Do they just say they don’t know where the money is? Have you asked if they have received payment from your guests?
Also, have you double checked your payout method on the website?

Hello…
Thank you for your answer…
Yes air BnB do answer…iv spoken to 3 different men since last week…
They all ask which guests I am referring to…
They are very vague… keep putting me on hold… nearly 2 hours Sunday night on phone…
One said he’s going to refer to senior colleagues/team…
None seem to know what to do about it…
I’ll double check the payment methods again today…but its never been changed in 6/7 years…
When I googled this “witholding” payments…it does seem to happen…
It’s quite scary actually when no one can help and no proper response from air BnB…
Iv got bookings and so each time the guests arrive…I now feel I’m hosting them for nothing…!!
Iv given air BnB all my personal details that they could possibly want…
I just don’t understand it…
It should not happen or be allowed to happen… witholding funds?
What would you do please…?
Thank you again
Jan

Or maybe I miss read your information, but you said they need you to provide updated payment information. When you were on the phone with them, did you talk to them about this, did you get in the update and information, or did you find out specifically what needs to be updated?

Hi again…
Yes iv checked all my payment details and re inforced email confirmation… which has been the same for years…
I sent another ID photo to them this morning…I already gave drivers license details last week…
I don’t see that I can do any more.
The assistant this morning just forwarded my payment transaction history which shows all the lost money"pending"…?
She said I have been paid…?
But when I checked it just says pending.
PayPal told me that there’s been no payment from air BnB come in for over 2 weeks…
So I might ring again later today to Airbnb… about the 5 th phone call to them about this…
Thank you for your time.