Where are the Americans?

At my Toronto Airbnb, I have very few American guests this year. Have they stopped travelling? Or are the travelling in the US instead. Has anyone else noticed this trend?

They’ve invaded the UK along with the Germans,French,Italians,Dutch and don’t forget the Aussie’s. I can’t make my mind up if its a coup de gras or a coup de foudre, this is what happens when your currency sinks, blub blub blub help! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I do not understand the problem with the sinking pound, the UK government has tried to devalue it for decades, and now it happened and everyone starts crying.

I bet tourism and local production are very happy with it. Kids going to Butlins again instead of Kavos.

1 Like

Butlins? :smiley:

I’m not even British, but sometimes I read the Butlins reviews on TripAdvisor when I need a laugh. I kind of want to go just to see if the people are exaggerating or not.

No, really, they’re not and I haven’t read the reviews !
I just have my own personal prejudices that I grew up with about what I thought happened there. I went one year with my youngest teenager , 7 years ago, and her friend. I think it was because there was a dance group performing , that had won Britain’s got talent that they wanted you see. It was an experience, unique and not for me to repeat but it did the job at the time.
I can see that for low income families,who have limited expectations and limited paid holiday it would fulfil lots of criteria. Good fun for lots of family members for very cheap , no frills or finesse but does the job :blush:

1 Like

Many Americans are in a continued state of suspended animation or disbelief that we have a lunatic for a president. We are also hanging our heads in shame and embarrassed to travel lest the rest of the world think we actually voted for a vile, repugnant, man child toddler who would rather rant on twitter like a mean schoolgirl and sign executive orders than actually lead the nation and do his job.

25 Likes

LOL! You nailed it! We’re in hiding! Hehehehehehehehehe.

7 Likes

Oh yeah, I almost forgot colluding with Russians. Minor, eh?

4 Likes

I am not British either, but went to Butlins in Skegness 3 times for a big motorcycle meetup.
It was hilarious every single time…

You get what you pay for. But everyone staying there knows that, and somehow it creates a special atmosphere.

2 Likes

Im in Greece!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I concur. And the 37% that think he’s great certainly can’t afford to travel outside of the red state they live in.
Ugh! Counting the days till we can unload this sack of s–t!

6 Likes

Perfect comment , and now hes twitting fake wrestling matches with CNN … god help the western world. Glad in im Mallorca , bet Trumpton cant even spell it, let alone find it on the globe

Debs

2 Likes

I am so sorry for the US. It is like watching a run away train that is going to take out all the bridges on its path of absolute destruction. I look at what is happening and tremble.

4 Likes

@Debthecat
The Office of the Presidency is stronger than just one individual temporarily in it and the US will weather this period of history just fine. :grinning:

7 Likes

Hilarious how the whole world is going crazy about a 10 year old “battle of the billionaires” clip.

I do not know what is worse, Trump as president, or the total meltdown of his opponents.

1 Like

Easy for you to say. You don’t have to live with it. Does your PM pull stunts like this?

3 Likes

Some of us would say… .where are the Europeans? Where are the Asians? Where are the South Americans? And where, oh where, are the Australians?

1 Like

Well, I’m in the UK, near the Port of Dover and have been operating for only a few weeks; 11th June to be precise. I’ve had Italians, French, Argentinian, Spanish, Urugyan, Irish, German and Icelandic visitors. Oh, some Americans this week. My first guests with a sense of entitlement, believing I should supervise their children and throw out dirty nappies (diapers). All Mum had to do was ask for more bags and where to throw them out. She didn’t even tie the two bags she used up!

We live and learn; no kids…

2 Likes

yeah, it’s that simple, and there is no backstory, and the person who created it last week is not antisemitic and racist, but certainly will not apologize publicly for his work. Oh, wait…

I’m in Toronto and get tons of Americans! 5 of 11 guests in July staying 16 of 31 nights are from the US. I also have 1 from UK, 1 from Brazil, 1 from Austria and 3 from Canada. I love my American guests, they’re usually so easygoing and never fussed about extra person charges or anything for that matter. Also their cellphones work properly here and almost all have smartphones.

I offer free parking downtown which I think is a big differentiating factor for US visitors. The great American road trip lives on!

4 Likes