When would the potential guest see my address?

Oh, yes, I see that key now. I do have that. However, I’ve never noticed it before and definitely have not sent it to any guest but some guests have used the check-in guide anyways. There must be something on their reservation that they link to it from.

There aren’t any boonies where I am anyways but the pdf wouldn’t have the same advantage. I already give clear instructions on how to check-in in my check-in message I send and it works fine (plus I check-in the majority of guests in person). The perk with them using the check-in guide is that I get an automated response saying they’ve checked in once it’s completed.
I usually just send a message asking for them to let me know when they’ve made it in and they do but liked the auto option for guests who aren’t so great at communicating or need the visual cuing from the photos.

I’ve never gotten that because our guests are offline when they arrive. I insert that link in my standard post booking messaging for every reservation. I asked the first guest ever if it automatically came through for him as I expected based on reading the documentation when I was setting it up. He said no, so I assumed it doesn’t work right or I misunderstood what I read, so I’ve just made it a practice to click the key every time.

Giving the link should definitely help. I will try clicking the key and giving people the link to it and see if more people use it.

The GPS directions to our place are pretty good with the address which is what most everyone uses, but you can’t see the house from the road and I drove past it about 900 times before I ever knew it was there before it went up for sale. The day I tried to find it to buy it, I passed it 4 times before I found it lol.

So that check-in guide for us is a step by step pictorial guide of the approach starting from Iconic Landmark to our gate with words that nobody probably reads lol.

2 Likes

:upside_down_face:

This is the message the guest sent me with names changed to protect the innocent. They don’t arrive for a month:

Hi! Jane Doe here anxiously looking forward to our trip to your area! My relative will be flying in so will need directions from the airport. I’m not sure what time they will arrive. Our other relatives will be driving from [insert state here] so need directions from that route. John Doe and I will be driving from [insert a different state here]. I will forward each their directions from you. Thanks!!

I live in an extremely small town where we are lucky to have a regional airport that takes 2 flights a day from only one city (small jet). Straight shoot from airport to my place (15mins). Sigh.

After confirming she already had the address I sent it to her again and suggested the best course of action was for each party to use Google maps to chart their trips from their starting point to my guest house.

1 Like

It’s definitely a key.

Yup that’s why I edited my message

I had go go enlarge it to make certain my aging eyes aren’t that old yet. :smiley: I do increasingly have a hard time telling 6 from 8 on receipts.