When reality doesnt live up to expectations

Thank you patti. Its so nice to hear. We enjoy it very much too

Thank you :slight_smile:

Its very difficult for me, but I.m trying hard - well supportd by my husband. Its not only that it hurts that they do not like what I love so much, but alos because I feel guilty. They pay a lot of money for their stay and its their vacation, so when we dont deliver, it makes me feel guilty. We really do our best to make sure everything is perfect.

Thank you so much for all your feedback. It has made me see our listing in a whole new perspective. IĀ“m still considering what the right description should be for our villa and the area around, but I definitly will adjust it so people get a more precise description of what to expect when staying in our villa.
Thank you to all of you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Donā€™t confuse people complaining with you not delivering. Some people will always find something to complain about, itā€™s their nature. It doesnā€™t matter what you go out of your way to do for them, itā€™s never good enough.

Try not to take it personally. Even 5* hotels and restaurants have to deal with customers like this and I can assure you they donā€™t take it personally or feel guilty.

5 Likes

Sadly, you canā€™t please all of the people all of the time.
We have had the occasional down-mark for location - even though weā€™ve been given 5 stars for accuracy. How we can describe it accurately yet they donā€™t like the location - that they chose - baffles me.
If you get more reviews of a similar nature then you know you need to change your advertising. If the majority are happy you are doing it right.
The best advice, often given here, is under-sell and over-deliver.

3 Likes

omg Itā€™s beautiful, I loved Crete!

1 Like

Thank you! Yes, Crete is a magical island.

Fortunately the majority are happy but we will look in to our description in the listing for next season - I agree that we have to under-sell.