When guests inquire "Are dates available"

I do this too. I tell my previous guests if they want to return and do a direct booking to check with me even if the calendar shows the dates aren’t available.

1 Like

I board dogs in my home and I often block dates because I just don’t quite know how things are going to go. Opening my calendar last minute works best for me. As of this hour my calendar is completely blocked. Yet only 6 days, all coming the first half of Oct, are actually booked with Airbnb guests. Both those guests contacted me directly about dates because I told them anytime my calendar looks unavailable, check with me. I do have a couple of out of town trips scheduled but even some of those days could be booked in certain situations.

I have IB on and the vast majority of guests use it. But if a determined guest sees my listing, or had it previously bookmarked and now it seems to not be available, they might inquire. Once they do I can say “I only want vaxxed guests/I have 10 dogs here, are you okay with noise/I am leaving that night so if any problem arises you are on your own/etc.” Those are my best guests.

1 Like

LOL! Very funny!

This is also the only outcome I’ve had thus far with inquiries asking if a certain date range is available (& every time the calendar showed the dates were open & they’d marked them in the inquiry so I was unsure why they asked). Last was about 2 weeks ago and I marked as spam because they didn’t respond to my attempts at dialogue & they’d provided no info at all in the inquiry. Plus the message wording was suspect.