When guests' daily schedule differs from yours

I think this was probably intended to be “count as sarcasm”.

This is such an unusual misspelling that I’m virtually sure that it’s autocorrect at work, wreaking havoc on your message. But it’s also so confusing I think it should be corrected. Mostly I ignore typos, because if I was to list every one it would create a lot of noise and be extremely annoying for everyone else.

And if everyone could take a moment to review their messages before posting, that would be super terrific.

2 Likes

Where on earth did this come from? You sound as if you are being deeply unpleasant, inappropriately so. This was not my understanding of the OPs initial ask. If you find it all so exhausting, why bother to respond? I agree that it would be good if people read their posts before replying.

2 Likes

Hello @Indama2

Although I don’t agree with @Emily’s tone.

You did come here for advice but don’t seem to have acknowledged or thanked hosts who have provided you with some quite detailed feedback and advice.

In summary

1. It is not your job to babysit guests it is up to them to manage their own schedules. Nor do you need to tell them when you leave the house. Just because you have had some needy guests it doesn’t mean you need to pander to them.
  2. Of course you should have your normal breakfast routine. Leave noiser tasks till after 9.
  3. Hosting is a business it’s not about making people happy. You provide good customer service and a nice place. They give you money and hopefully good reviews.
2 Likes

I’m compulsive enough that I always correct errors in my posts, even if I see them days later. Sometimes I edit to the point of rewriting for brevity or clarity. However, if you are going to ask others to be as fastidious as you and I are, you are certain to be disappointed. Many don’t have the interest in doing it, far more simply can’t. Even if they review they can’t detect the errors.

3 Likes

Every positive reply to my comment has been very helpful. Sorry, I’ve been busy with some personal illnesses and didn’t get a chance to check this post until now

I work from home. I start at 8 AM. Needless to say, then I need to be up at 7 AM.