What's the worst review you've written for a guest?

That’s one of the things we like to do best on this forum, is help write bad reviews! :grin: Next time ask us!

1 Like

I did write more than that, saying that initially she was friendly but it did not end well due to a misunderstanding over kitchen access. I apologised and even offered a small refund but she sent me a very hostile message complaining about everything.

Thanks for all these! My 14 day window is about to expire so it’s time for mine… what about this?

A and B were friendly, chatty guests who left the place clean. The only thing I feel I must mention is lack of communication meant I was waiting in over 5 hours for them. They arrived 1 1/2 hours later than my latest check-in time which would not have been a problem if I’d had the opportunity to plan for it

Or here’s a slightly harsher version:
’… the only thing I feel I must mention is that my requests to the guests for a check in time were completely ignored, meaning I was waiting in for them for over 5 hours until they arrived an hour and a half later than my 4 hour check in window. This was a problem for me as I was unable to plan my day accordingly and missed out on some valuable work time.’

I mean I really don’t want to leave a horrible, bitchy review for these guys but I definitely feel it needs saying…

1 Like

I’m not “business travel ready”, but I have had business travelers. Sometimes they are in a group.

1 Like

Why not? They didn’t seem to care whether you waited hours for them and lost work over it?

1 Like

I ended up with a mix of both my versions. I didn’t want to be a bitch because I know some hosts (for example Jaquo, above) wouldn’t see it as a problem at all. They only had one prior review so I’m guessing newish to Airbnb, and taking on board everyone’s opinions from the thread about why we expect guests to read house rules, I think they’re just clueless. So I’ve given them just enough to make them stop and think for future, but not so bad every single host will now decline them.

They got 1 star for comms, 2 for house rules, 5 for cleanliness and 3 overall. And a thumbs down.
I explained in private feedback the importance of reading house rules and finding a listing that suits your needs, unfortunately mine clearly did not. Also gave them a heads up that I had every right to turn them away at the door and another host might have enforced this.

1 Like