What would you do? Rate increase since guest last checked but did not book

these nuggets are extremely insightful.

1 Like

It has been for me. It means I don’t have to deal with accepting or declining a subsequent booking request from them. They either go on to book after the pre-approval or not. No skin off my nose.

I have, many times. 2020

2 Likes

I never send pre approvals, I tell the guest feel free to use instant book. I am suspicious of inquires, I am like why did they not just IB? Maybe they cannot…

RR

Many of us use the settings that put some limits on who can IB.

So if a guest seems okay but is RTB I’ll pre approve so they can finish booking without any further action taken by me. Pre approvals can be of benefit to some hosts, it just depends on the host. Also a preapproval can be withdrawn, so I don’t understand why folks have a problem with it.

2 Likes

But I do not, which makes me suspicious of the requests because I will take just about anyone… So I figure they cannot, due to hosts check the box would not host again.

RR

2 Likes

The way I read it it says “no negative reviews.” I had at least one person request instead of booking who had several reviews that looked fine to to me. Looking closer I saw one review where the host said the guy was messy. I accepted him anyway and they and their partner were fine guests and not messy. I suspected maybe they got a bad review due to their gender identification.

1 Like

It like gas prices these days. You drive by a station on the way home one night and the price is $4.10. You stop by the next morning to fill up and the price is now $4.25. Do you go in and argue for the cheaper rate you saw posted 12 hours earlier? No, business doesn’t work that way. Keep your rate change and do not give in.

2 Likes

I probably would have, but only because I would feel better that way. Drives my kids crazy, but it makes me happy.

I have done it on big bookings in the thousands $$$, but if the grocery store gets to increase rates, so do I.

If you are still competitive, I can’t see how he would object.