What / who is a perfect guest

Love it - thanks for the new terminology. When a guest checks out I typically go upstairs to the guesthouse to “debrief” = gather linens, access the condition so I can let my wife know what kind of “flip” we have ahead of us. (we do our own cleaning) I refer to our levitating guests as “Ninja Guests” since they leave no trace of their presence behind. I love, love, love the “Goldilocks” guest and we will be using that in the future.

3 Likes

For me, and this is a “biggie,” we love guests who understand the difference between a hotel and a host opening their home. We are on-sight hosts, and this simple understanding makes a big difference.

1 Like

The worst thing a guest did at our place was to preset temps on our air conditioning when they left (no doubt a teenager) - changing temp to 85 degrees at night. I didn’t even know about it. I was cleaning a couple times in the evening and realized the temp had gone up. It suddenly hit me that someone may have put in preset temps. Because our Airbnb is in the Arizona desert, guests were having to cope with very hot evenings because they thought I had preset it! I’m thankful I didn’t receive any bad reviews. There must have been about ten stays before I put two and two together.

1 Like

Hmmm. ‘Debrief’
Does that cover the soiled underpants I found behind a wardrobe a few weeks ago ?

3 Likes

All I need from a perfect guest - leave the house in as close to the condition as you received it - as possible.

2 Likes