What type of compensation?

Just got my review from the broken bed lady. Whoo hoo! 5 stars! I saw the bed frame today. The side of the bed frame literally split in half. We bought the house furnished and no telling how old the furniture is or what kind of abuse it had been through before, I never noticed any problems with the frame until now. So glad the guest was understanding.

4 Likes

Yay! Happy for you. Really nice review.

I’m glad you did something to make amends. I don’t consider a bed issue a minor matter. An accomodation should have dependable basics like a bed and working toilet. A broken toaster is one thing, a broken bed another.

I’m just down the road in El Paso so maybe I’ll be renting your Airbnb sometime. I’ve rented one twice but it couldn’t have been you either time.

1 Like

I’d love to host you. Couldn’t have rented from me before because we just bought the place in January. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I have found the more people you host the more problems you have. Mostly because none of them read the rules. I only allow two people no exceptions, and no kids and no pets. It’s so much easier that way. The cleanup is a lot easier.

1 Like

What a great review! So happy to hear that a stressful incident turned out well for all involved and the guests ultimately weren’t that inconvenienced.

In the rare cases where there’s a small hiccup at our property - which we clearly state is an old home and we are always around to help with any issues - we don’t offer compensation. I try to get ahead of them even asking, and thank them for their communication and flexibility. In a pinch, a bottle of wine from my partner’s business has been an instant crowd-pleaser, and I love the gift basket idea! As mentioned, people do love treats and surprises, and it often can feel more personal than just sending some cash their way when they’ve already paid.

1 Like