What should I prioritize? Or is it good enough?

This is a very good idea.

For the original poster, here is an example:

https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/hd0/joshua-daybed-with-trundle-l17-k~hdnn1017.html?refid=GX174901489410-HDNN1017_31127148&device=t&ptid=568368926367&network=g&targetid=aud-352581794766pla-568368926367&channel=GooglePLA&PiID[0]=31127148&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3KzdBRDWARIsAIJ8TMQRgWpAEMb1M42Ym9z4d3KQeUArdKPx0D6827hzTCU_5VtzEJLtE-4aAnlLEALw_wcB

2 Likes

There is definitely a logical order to the things you want to add. e.a. I don’t think that someone who accepts to sleep on a sofa bed would need robes.

Bed = YES
Breakfast = MAYBE, I like it, because I don’t have to leave the house to go in search of an expensive, mostly bad quality breakfast.
Mini refrigerator = NOT NECESSARY if guests can use a small space in your fridge.
Robes = NO, that is something for high end places, and who uses them anyway?

1 Like

Definitely start with the bed. Also, make sure that you get a comfortable mattress that has no lumps. A good rule of thumb is that whenever your mattress is older than 10 years, it is time for a new one.

Here in Sweden there is a limited selection of daybeds to be found but I think Ill look into it. I just have to wait until my current guest leaves so I can measure the space and make sure it fits.

Everybody is different. Neither you or I will make it to Airbnb Plus. But my second biggest seller is a couch surf on an insulated porch. I have a fridge and a microwave there that are handy, along with flip flops and a bath robe, which I wish they would use more often. But sometimes people just want a clean and decent roof over their heads. The Aubusson carpets? Maybe next year!

Just offer a light breakfast and set things in their room before check-in…I leave a basket of either croissants or muffins or bagels and a couple granola bars, perhaps fruit, some instant oatmeal, honey, coffee/tea/chai…
Guests appreciate being given some time to find the local eateries or grocery stores in the morning or having a snack after a long day of travel and have said so in reviews.

You may find a lot of those robes walking off! In fact, I want one now! :wink:

After viewing your listing, just some gentle criticism…It looks very austere and lacking in warmth.
I am sure your home isnt so so dont put that across in your listing! :slight_smile: Definitely get a bed and maneouver the furniture…Add a comfy rug and some peripheral lighting. Some natural textiles to make it inviting. Last thing but possibly the change you might make first…You have 3…THREE competing busy floral patterns in the room! If you do anything, get a neutral solid slipcover for couch. And hang some neutral solid curtains (in same shade possibly but different hue)
:slight_smile::slight_smile: Just my opinion of course!

I will be honest. Since a couch cover costs more than a new sofa does I wont buy it, but I hate the pattern on the couch too! But we will look in to perhaps getting a daybed.

Then change the curtains up. And those are cheap! Maybe get another sofa or bed in there then? Or paint over wallpaper. May be all.the room needs…:wink:

How about IKEA? They sell daybeds. There is also something called a trundle bed. The bed can be 2 twins or the bottom mattress can spring up and join the other twin, becoming a king bed. You would need a Velcro strap to put between the mattresses to get rid of the gap.

Yeah it is pretty much only IKEA who has daybeds. I just think most of them don’t look too nice to sit in and use as a couch.

I second the notion of a daybed if you really feel you don’t have space for anything bigger than a single bed. It gives you the flexibility of a comfy seat while prioritizing a real bed. I have the Hemnes daybed with storage drawers in my sewing room and I absolutely love it.

I have two proper twin mattresses for it-one propped up vertically behind the other one which is flat on the base pulled out just enough for the edge of the top mattress in the back. It stays up well enough with blankets on it and my hubby sits there to keep me company sometimes when I sew. At Christmas, we used it pulled out for my two nephews to sleep on. The pull out storage drawers hold the extra bedding and pillows.

Just get a proper mattress with springs, not the foam kind. The platform base only adds to the firmness of the bed.

It is actually Hemnes I’m looking for since we have a lot of other furniture in our home that is from that series (which I like).