What’s it like to own the most-visited Airbnb in the world

The article also list some really beautiful high-end Air rentals, but the most visited AirBnB is relatively humble…

What’s it like to own the most-visited Airbnb in the world

4 Likes

I’ve seen this listing pop up on many news sites discussing airbnb. It’s intriguing. I love the fact that they (hosts) haven’t jazzed up their photos or anything. I would happily stay there for the location. But it does seem a bit of a…what’s the phrase?.. Emperor’s new clothes? Everyone says it is so great so everyone else says it’s so great…

3 Likes

From the article:

Q: Does it feel like a job to you?

A: No, not at all.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

It shows too that the writer has absolutely no idea. At one point, he says " Most people who host Airbnbs deal with a couple of guests a month on the weekends."

Ha! :rofl:

1 Like

We probably have the one of the least-visited AirBnb in the world. Philippines closed its doors to tourists in March 2020. The doors remain firmly shut. Local Filipino tourists are few and far between. Pinoys travel on very tight budgets; almost never stay more than one night - in transit to somewhere else. Foreign guests typically stayed here for at least a week or two, or longer. Now and then, Americans make advance bookings here, only to cancel them as soon as they discover the quarantine rules and restrictions. This is the new normal.

I can understand that based on how long the flight is from Eastern USA and how expensive. My dear friend Maria is Philippino. 2020 was her year to go see her mom—that was canceled. She & her sister are nurses and send $$ to Mom.

She’s already planning her 2021 trip home. As the vaccine rolls out, I think you will see your rentals recover.

We were hoping to be in that op article! But then again, maybe its nice to just trot along at our own below radar pace. We were included in several pr articles and such the 1st year and I do think they boosted us a bit!