What place has the best Airbnb climate?

Thanks will do @JohnF

We bought an apartment on Gran Canaria last year. Absolutly decent occupancy, but the STR laws are a mess, and its impossible to be lagalized at the moment :expressionless:

Coming in 3 weeks to explore winter rates and winter stays options. I found nothing so far to weather the low season in Europe for 150k investment.
My understand that the problem island (legslusation) is the main one. Tenerife is a bit more forgiving.
Thanks @Bettina_Svendsen

Summerfun, The problem is for both Tenerife and Gran Canaria (not so much for the small islands)
From what I have heard, Tenerife is actually worse than Gran Canaria, as the hotel lobby organisation resides here.

With that being said, everyone is renting out, and nothing is actually being done to prevent it yet. However it is illegal for 90 %, and big penalties can occur according to the laws (17-300.000 euros)

150K can bring you a fair investment here, depending on your expectations

Thank you Bettina for your advice.
Except for Anadalucia the entire Spain is a mess when it comes to STR regulations.
Grand CanĆ”ria has very sweet tax residency incentives. Itā€™s very hard to ignore them.

Thanks again @Bettina_Svendsen

This can be interesting for anyone considering STR investing in Spain

http://agencias.abc.es/agencias/noticia.asp?noticia=2950537

@summerfun you should look to the east thenā€¦

You mean Athens, Santorini, Bangkok, Tokyo, Samoa?

Greece are wanting to heavily tax STR earnings

Do you know the tax rate they plan to apply?

There is no other capital in the EU where one can buy apartment for 30k and earn 10k in 3 summer months. Knowledge of Greek language is a must thoughā€¦

Chatsworth Ca
I also would buy in Greece the sea there is amazing!!

You were talking about Europe in your post and wanting to find an investment for under 150K.

I said look to the east of Europe. You will find plenty to fit your budget.

1 Like

Dear Helsi, safety is very important factor for me. Hence, Iā€™m focused on Las Palmas or Tenerife for my second property.

If I new Greek I would go with Greeceā€¦