Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

What is the best corporate structure for buying a house and renting it out on AirBnB as a business?

Interesting answer on this. Basically the answer says it’s still a grey area but one should protect themselves by buying the property in a mixed-used property zone so there will not be any issues in the future (should cities start having formal practices on the sharing economy).

so for example a “live-work” loft?

Are you referring to setting up a LLC? Or an Inc.? I am setting up an LLC to provide an “additional layer”.

1 Like

We have an LLC but both Lawyer and Accountant said it was overkill and an s-corp would have be sufficient.

I’m not a tax accountant but I believe S corp has more documentation or forms or regulations than an LLC. I will check w a local tax guru.

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!