What in Maury Povich is that smell

Update: The odor/fragrance issue has gotten worse and we’ve had to get more and more assertive about it. My husband complains to me about it but not her so I have to be the bad guy. Making me a little nuts. We may have to solve this by ending our arrangement, but I’d miss the income. Meanwhile I ordered some of those charcoal filter bags to try to get us through the holiday without being the Grinch.

1 Like

So she has continued to wear the perfume despite being asked not to?

There isn’t a bad guy. Your needs (to be fragrance free) and her need (to wear it) don’t match. She needs a separate place or someone who likes her perfume or who can’t smell it. It’s kinder and more fair to tell her now what the clear problem is and what the consequence is. “We can’t tolerate the perfume any longer and will not be continuing the stay after this period you’ve already paid for ends. If you have a chance to find another place sooner, we’d be happy to refund you the unused days after we make sure there is no damage in the rental.”

Then again maybe there is someone out there who would be a better fit. But if not, money isn’t everything. Just skip buying a chai latte at Starbucks every day and you can buy a house. *

*sarcasm meant to poke fun at dumb “rich dad, poor dad” financial advice.

4 Likes

I know this is an old post but what’s Maury got to do with it tho? Does he have an odour problem?
I had to google him and still was puzzled. It certainly attracted my attention to the point that I went way off the subject track!!! Funny!!!

It was only intended to attract attention to the post.

1 Like

I thought it was funny, like an alternative to “great scott!”

I took it as a humorous variation on the etiquette of substituting a noun or pronoun–any noun or pronoun–for the f word.

It did get my attention ! !!
Its a lot like saying ‘What in the Dickens ?’ Or ‘What in the Sam Hill ? ‘. - I had to Google the meaning of the last one here in case it was offensive!!

So funny. In all honesty, I had meant to write “ What in Jerry Springer… and I got mixed up and wrote Maury Povich lol

Its a great conversation maker any way!! One takes certain expressions for granted until someone queries it- Dickens is probably Charles Dickens and i read Sam Hill is a derivation of a ‘minced oath’ !!!

2 Likes