What Hotel Pitches "Cancellations" as Their Most Attractive Feature!?

@JamJerrupSunset - I spoke to the Booking dot com rep when I set up our listing there and asked how often their calendar “pulls” data from the other calendars. She told me it syncs three times a day - every 8 hours.

Given the penalty of double-booking on that site, I decided to not trust the automatic sync. I still haven’t really figured out how to make that work for me. If I had to pay the difference to re-home someone, it could be over $500 US a night. And I am not going to turn off “Instant Book” on my main sites for the small chance of getting a booking on Booking dot com. So I am kind of stuck.

1 Like

I back up using Ical and seems to happen once a day from AirBnB.

My first “booking” on Booking - dot was a Nigerian name that appears in only one place on the entire Web, a wedding announcement in a Nigeria paper. No other information of any sort. For 3 weeks in July, 2 people. Shoot me now. I called to say “close my account, I can’t risk them not-showing and losing money and/or showing up and demanding for me to pay for them to stay at the Hyatt.”

I explained to the CSX person that once Nigerians get new scams going, their gangs share information and swoop down like vultures on vulnerabilities in the Internet. Including Booking’s lack of a real maximum stay limit, and no way for me to check their credit card, identity etc.

They closed my account fortunately.

(Not specific to AirBNB, but gives an idea of the organization level of Nigerian gangs:)

Wired: Nigerian Email Scammers Are More Effective Than Ever