What Do You Think of This Host's Draft Review of a Guest?

OK. Thank you. That’s what I needed to hear.

Even if this were a good idea (which I think it’s not), there is only a 14 day window for the review process, not 30. Clock starts at checkout.

Yeah, I’ve been convinced it is not a good idea.

I understand that there is a 14 day window to post a review.

But there is a 30 day window to respond to that review, right?

"You can post a public response to a review that someone has left for you within 30 days after the review was submitted (not published). " Responding to reviews - Airbnb Help Center

To me that is where the confusion lies. It says “not published” which I am taking to mean that your response would not be published, you would just be replying for yourself.

If it means you can only reply if their review has not been published, how would you know to reply?

I think a lot of these things are deliberately vague and that’s what makes it so hard for CS reports to be consistent in their assistance.

It is really weird wording, but both your interpretations also seem weird.

You get a notice when a guest has submitted a review, so the 30 days you have to respond to a review seems to be counted from the day you get that notification.

Let’s say the guest leaves a review 24 hrs after check-out. If the host also leaves a review right away, both will then be published. If the host feels the need to then respond to the review, they would have 30 days to do so.

If for some reason (I can’t think of a valid one, though), the host waits until day 10 after check-out to leave a review, at which point they would be published, there would only be 20 days left to submit a response, because the guest submitted their review on day one.

Your interpretation is as good as anyone else’s.

My interpretation was based on what is actually written, but whatever.

@muddy Didn’t know we weren’t allowed to make jokes on here anymore.

@muddy, I think you’re exactly right.