Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

What do you like or hate about Airbnb?

I’ve been using Airbnb long enough to know what I like and hate but I am interested in other hosts experiences. What do you like or hate about the Airbnb company? Here is my list:

Like:

• Clean main web page and theme
  • Attempt to keep features simple
  • Customizable hospitality emails
  • Uncomplicated passwords
  • Full host to guest communication with Text OR Email

Hate:

• Horrible hodge-podge of page of tools and themes as you navigate through the various website features
  • Slow loading web pages
  • Not intuitive - very easy to click on the wrong thing because of the simplicity
  • Can’t search for a real “entire house” (i.e., no host sharing the house)
  • Very difficult to compare listings - only showing a couple at a time even on a huge monitor
  • Takes full payment up front and won’t refund their fee
  • Corporate profit and corporate popularity focused (not focused on guest service or host profits)
  • Very pushy to set INSANELY low rental prices
  • Inconsistent rental prices for SAME properties as you navigate from page to page
  • Review method causes over-optimistic reviews (must review to see other review, no private host to future host only reviews)
  • Using the term “Moderate” for 100% refund on cancelations 5 days before a trip
  • Handicapped Mobile site and disallowing desktop mode use with a phone

Like:

• Inquiries are from verified individuals.
  • Both guests and hosts are reviewed.
  • Highest conversion rate among the sites.
  • A bit more personal than the other listing sites.
1 Like

Only thing I don’t like is the only-100% up front option that guests must pay. Everything else I like, in comparison to everyone else.

1 Like

I think the site works great for the most part. I do not like:

1. the cancellation penalties for hosts
  2. 48 hour time period for damage deposit - I need more time as I am frequently out of town
  3. inability to contest a bad review
  4. pressure from site to reduce rates for hosts
1 Like
Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!