What do you hang above the headboard?

Faheem… you could simply go down to the nearest bazaar and buy any number of BEAUtiful fabrics and hang those on the wall! It would be cheap and easy!

What’s that I see? A top sheet and comforter?!! :laughing: this Does look really great. I love how you put their bath towels on the bed. I just hang mine up on the racks because I figure the guest will be doing it anyway but it might be good for the photos.

@azreala

I am intrigued…but your link just says “uploading”… and I can’t wait all day.
: )

I used to hang them in the bathroom and then I forgot once. The fellow dried himself off with the handtowel and didn’t say a thing. And gave me 5 stars. Now I put the towel, washcloth and a chocolate on the end of the bed. I can also pop open the door and see if the towels are there on the bed.

1 Like

To me the bed and the space above its head - whether you have a headboard or not - should always be a design focal point. Even if it is treated minimally let that be on purpose and in a way that brings focus to the space, rather than just having it look unfinished.

Simply install whatever it is you want to hang properly.

We have a window above the bed, which I accented with three small plants. (The plants help distract from the view of a less-than-ideal neighbor’s house.) Above the window, I added blue tulle fabric and blue fairy lights.

In our personal home, we have hung art above the bed before; but like @KenH, we just use heavy-duty wall anchors that have a load capacity higher than the weight of the artwork. (We are not in an earthquake-prone area.)

@konacoconutz, you may notice that I, too, am using the traditional American top sheet and comforter combo rather than a duvet and cover at the moment. However, we wash the comforter after every guest! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I am the odd man out. I like a plain wall in back of the bed. Totally blank. I’ve got some big pillows I lean against it. It’s very restful, calming. In fact now that I look around my room, there are no paintings or anything else on the white walls.

1 Like

Whoa, that looks gorgeous! Great job distracting from the neighbor house with some greenery and diaphanous draperies!!

1 Like

This is beautiful!

Please everyone keep posting pics of your lovely rooms. I need creative inspiration

1 Like

I find large format “artwork” on canvas stretched over a frame. They are super lightweight, and super easy to hang. 3M makes Command Strips tailored to this type of thing, so I can hang them easily and move them easily if need be while not having to mar the walls at all.

This photo shows the picture not being hung up yet, LOL, but it has since been mounted over the headboard.

3 Likes

I have a high window with an AC installed in it. There are drapes over that although I’d like to have custom shutters built to get the drapes out of the way and gain another three inches of precious floor space.

2 Likes

!!!

Another suitcase rack person! Yea!

3 Likes

I have a heavy vintage hotel sign in one room.

And a picture ledge in the other so I can switch up the art.

6 Likes

Love what you have done here! Very simple but effective. Could collect some postcards of artworks from local galleries and museums :slight_smile:

I personally love crochet wall hangings above the bed - especially for the lightweight-can’t-fall-on-guests’-heads reason :wink:

1 Like

I have a rack too!!! Sick of seeing guests put luggage on the dining table!!!

I’m the only one here without matching lamps!!! I have a tiki lamp on one side and a small accent lamp on the other.

You are the queen of procuring gorgeous rugs.

I love that, too!

That big one in the new bedroom was a score. Someone was selling it as pick-up only on eBay. Jeff and I drove out to NJ on a weeknight to grab it. :wink:

2 Likes

If you also have mismatching nightstands, it could be considered a design feature :wink:. There’s really nothing wrong with different lights. Some asymmetry ads character. :+1:

1 Like

I go for that style on purpose. Nothing matches in my place not even my dinner plates.

2 Likes