What do people find are there biggest problem's renting property on Airbnb and what would they improve about the service?

What do people find as there biggest problem renting property on Airbnb and what would they inprove?

As a host, ( thats why i defined it as “biggest problem’s renting property on airbnb” Sorry if I did not make it clear enough. Any suggestions is great. :slight_smile:

Airbnb keeps on driving prices down, in some cases to unsustainable levels. Also Airbnb does not always respect hosts’ cancellation policies or rules and unfairly refunds guests. It uses host livelihoods as a travel insurance policy for guests.

5 Likes

The 2 faces of Airbnb. They want us to be the cheap option and now selling the Plus version as well. I wonder about what their direction is, but it seems to be a hotel style platform. And the promises they don’t keep.
We will call you back.
Our host guarantee protection.
We vet your guests.
We have all the skin in the game.
Lastly - that anyone can list anything anywhere.

1 Like

Thank you guys for some of your feedback and inside knowledge, I am writing cause we have created a platform to allow users that are renting property to search for people in there area there are available and able to let people into your properties ( if you have to go away or are busy working and don’t have time). These people can also offer different services like cleaning the property and dealing with the client so you don’t have too). Its just normal people basically like what Uber did for the taxi service. Could any of ye see any advantage to this in your line of work?. Thanks again :slight_smile:

Any taught’s or suggestions are greatly appreciated. The people providing the service are all rated etc and set there own fee.

It is more aimed at full house rentals/ booking . com than owner occupied.

I for one, would have actually listened to your sales pitch, but joining this forum an hour ago and pretending to be concerned about host issues to get people to consider your product makes me think that your insincerity predicts a product that is not going to be good enough for a quality host (like those on this forum).

Pro tip: wait more than an hour after asking for responses before you drop the pretend concern and start selling.

4 Likes

Here’s my tip – spellcheck your marketing materials! Not being snarky, it really gives a more professional impression.

6 Likes

The trouble is spell checkers don’t highlight things like grocers’ apostrophes, homophones or the misuse of there, they’re and their. You either know it or you don’t. I get a lot of well educated guests and I wouldn’t touch an illiterate agency with a shitty stick.

Why have you quoted me? Your point is totally irrelevant to my comment.
You have posted here under false pretences.

I was generally only asking to gather some feedback and I am sorry for any inconvenience caused as I communicate a lot better in a verbal environment than a written one ( most entrepreneurs do ).

For my second point I am not trying to sell anyone anything and I am only asking for advice and your option to see if there are sections we can improve in our platform before launch.

Thirdly I do apologies Jess as I did not know I was quoting you as I am only getting accustomed to the forum.

Fourthly thank you Rolf for your feedback and I can assure you the product we are developing is of a high standard and would not be lunched if we felt was not going to add value to the current experience.

Wishing all of you every success in the future and thank you all for taking the time to write to me regarding my topic.

Stephen.

As you can see from your fake survey an agency to let people in is not a priority for us. We have co-hosts, cleaners and self check in procedures already in place. Looks like you need to do some proper market research (which has an ethical code of not duping the public). If you can’t learn to write properly then hire someone who can.

Your question reminds me of a friend of mind who was teaching a course in biomechanical engineering and was asked how she would redesign babies to prevent “baby shaking syndrome”. Her answer (she was a mother): Give them an off switch.

The problems with AirBnB are easy to solve. But it is unlikely they will ever do them.

1 Like

I think the site sponsors may have addressed this here and there, but maybe pin some basic tips for 1. People doing market research for their product or their potential investment and 2. People doing academic research. For example,

In order to have a successful experience doing market research among the hosts on this forum:

• Do your basic research by reading Airbnb platform guidance, Airbnb host community postings, and other readily available sources (blogs, etc.). The hosts on this site are busy hosting and seeking and offering advice on very specific issues when contributing to this forum, and will not want to respond to basic or general questions that you can readily research yourself.

• Provide some incentive for hosts to comment on your product or answer your survey. Successful incentives in the past have included free expert advice on hosts’ technical questions (e.g. WiFi protection), free access to beta products, and cash equivalents such as Amazon credit.

• Do not get your knickers in a twist when receiving “tough love” responses addressing the lack of clarity in your request or the reasons your process might be flawed or your product may have no market. The hosts on this forum have many years of combined experience (that’s why you came to them, right?), they are profit and reality-focused, and their feedback, even if it’s not what you want to hear, can save you grief, time and money.

4 Likes

Well, I for one won’t be eating it, not even for lunch.