What channel manager do you currently use?

Can you change the sync frequency with Google calendars?

JF

I don’ think so … although you can go to the hosting platform and choose a manual sync on Airbnb and HomeAway. If a host has a LOT of platforms and a LOT of properties it is probably way to clunky, but it works flawlessly for me and it allows me to have a public link to what I consider my “master calendar layer” for my cleaner and my personal website. Also, my process involves SOME action from me which is perfect because - one I need to be involved to keep my eye on the ball - and I always customize the info that shows on my public layer so it has meaning for me and my cleaner. For instance all the info from Airbnb gets translated into Gail D. (Airbnb) 4 adults / 3 nights / 1 dog and if there are any special things like ‘make up the twin bed’ or ‘leave out the Pac-n-play’ I include that, too.

Plus it is free. I love it. My cleaner has asked me to show her other STR clients in the area how to do it.

1 Like

Nothing too complicated I’m afraid. My direct booking method is check on the Airbnb calendar if its available accept the booking and block out the dates on Airbnb :slight_smile:

1 Like

at the moment i use smoobu but that’s because it’s easily done … if anyone has a better recommended CM I’d be interested

1 Like

Juggling properties and bookings when you’re using more than one platform can be tricky! We could all do with a helping hand sometimes, luckily property management software has come a long way, and you might want to consider AirGMS.

It’s quite handy as you can sync calendar data from a wide range of short-term booking platforms and there are some really useful features, such as being able to see all of your Airbnb chats in one place an the ability to organize cleaning schedules etc.

It might be worth giving it a go? There’s a free demo, plus it’s free to use if you’re a host with 4 or less listings.

1 Like

I had a quick look on your web site, it suggests that the sync with BDC is an iCal sync, is that correct?

JF

I tried Siteminder, it was a nightmare. Took forever to set up and there were so many features that didn’t work as advertised which the on-boarding guy tried to blame on me. I had to do it on Siteminder and then manually check everything fed through correctly, which it almost never did. Had to connect, disconnect and re-connect to BDC and Expedia several times. I definitely do not recommend. AirGMS sounds interesting, might check them out when I have a moment. At the moment I am listed on 3 sites and manage it manually.

Hi John
Yes, you are correct. At the moment AirGMS support direct integration with Airbnb and HomeAway only. Other platforms, such as Booking.com, TripAdvisor, Canada Stays, etc, should be connected via iCal.

If you have a BDC iCal in mind that you are keen to upload and want to discuss further or have any further questions please feel free to get in touch: https://www.airgms.com/contact-us/

1 Like

No, it’s fine. I can sync the iCal versions easily enough.

JF

I have been looking for a good channelmanager for a few months now.

To be honest, there are only a few real channelmanagers.
Most of the PMS/Channelmanager startups pretend to be a channelmanager, but really are not.
Hostaway, AirGMS, Lodgify and many others, offer some channelmanager functionality, but are not real channelmanagers.
They are not bad, they are simple to setup, and will offer enough for the smaller hosts. But as soon as you want more control over your channels (individual open/close, multirate, packages etc etc), they all fall short.

If you want to see a good channelmanger, have a look at Siteminder, Woodoo or DIRS21.
But these are pure channelmanager, so you need a separate PMS next to it to run.

The best PMS/BookingEngine with channelmanager integration I found so far is SabeeApp, but then again, they run WuBook (Woodoo) as a channelmanager in the background.

But for me, SabeeApp lacks some important PMS functions I really need in my region, so now I am looking at a combo of Cloudrooms+DIRS21

2 Likes

Wow that wasn’t spammy at all was it @AlexET :unamused:

1 Like

Just to give you a quick update. If you’re still interested in a direct integration with BDC. The ETA of our native integration with BDC is Q1 2020.

Just a quick update. Since your last post, AirGMS has rebranded to iGMS and have introduced a couple of new features. While we’re still simple to setup, we believe that these new features (like our native two-integration with Vrbo/HomeAway) will offer enough functionality for smaller hosts as well as hosts with multiple listings.

I doubt it will be able to cover my needs.
I read you still have no BDC integration yet.

Another important part is the “old fashioned” way of inquiries the software needs to handle.
We currently are sending out 10-20 offers per day for the summer and winter 2020/2021.
Offering the same room multiple times per day. Most software cannot handle this without blocking the room.

I noticed that a lot of PMS systems now integrate with WuBook, instead of trying to reinvent the wheel. From what I have seen, WuBook currently is the best channelmanager on the market, there is currently no other that can offer the same flexibility.

Now it is just selecting the PMS that fits the needs.