What can't you do on the app?.... Plenty it seems

*Reply to a review.
*Check my star ratings in stats (can’t even find stats only performance )
*Reply to an enquiry with “use a saved message.”

Any more?

1 Like

On the iPhone app I can’t access saved messages to use as replies.

2 Likes

How annoying is that?!
Exactly the reason I got on the pc to create all sorts of replies so I don’t have to struggle writing it on the phone. (Mines a Samsung)

You can’t flag illegal listings.

2 Likes

This is the one that kills me. What is the point of the app if you can’t quickly respond to an inquiry or request for directions with a saved message? Who actually likes to type long directions on a phone? I refuse. Just too hard to do well.

2 Likes

You can’t filter for SuperHosts when you search. You also can’t look at the listings on a map.

1 Like

Glad I don’t use a smart phone or an app.

2 Likes

You can on the Android app. There is a little map | filters icon on the search screen

2 Likes

More and more services are going app only (like you can’t easily get an UBER ride without the app). With my dog boarding service they are moving functionality to the app and off the website it seems. People without the app are going to get fewer bookings. I know that’s fine with you, just making an observation.

2 Likes

I remember an older friend of mine in the 90’s swore he would never buy a cell phone. When he did it was so he could stay in touch with his kids. Then he swore he would never text, then he swore he would never have a smart phone…Now that his hearing is going out he realizes texting with a QWERTY keyboard is a godsend. :slight_smile:

1 Like

For the most successful start up to probably ever emerge from San Fran, their app is sooo amateur hour low tech!
I always use the computer URL whenever possible.-

1 Like

What you have to remember is that over 50% of guests book via mobile. So as much as we, hosts, hate it, as a guest that’s what they use.

3 Likes

I can do everything I need to on the app.(iPhone). Although I can’t used saved messages I have the most used ones saved in One Note so I just copy and paste them. It might take a minute longer but handy when you’re in line at the supermarket or whatever.

3 Likes

Now that is a good idea! I have I/A Writer on the phone which i don’t use much these days, but this would be the perfect use for it. Thanks for a great idea!

1 Like

I wonder if guests miss out on any functions with the app tho? I’ve never been a guest yet so haven’t tried.

…great idea thanks

1 Like

Send Special Offer feature on the app is BEYOND glitchy, and even if you click on it but don’t ‘send’ the special offer, it will sometimes send something for like $2. Total nightmare.

1 Like

They don’t know what they’re missing since they only use mobile. I believe that’s one of the reasons why we have issues with guests not reading descriptions, etc.

Have you ever done any search as if you were a guest?

2 Likes

. [quote=“Evelyn, post:18, topic:7356”]
Have you ever done any search as if you were a guest?
[/quote]

not via the app I haven’t

ahh yes, it’s all making sense now!

I can’t get the app to set the dates! This is a hopeless app indeed.

1 Like