Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Well it seems time to say goodbye

When I first came on this forum 3 years ago as a newbie I defo felt a bit exposed asking questions and giving my opinion. But I really appreciated that it was the sort of forum where people give honest answers. Not always the ones I wanted to hear. But that is how you learn. Over time I tried to answer questions knowing sometimes my answers would be a bit obvious or downright useless.

Now it seems there is a bit of a backlash against some of us as someone called it “peppery” members.

So here are the three rules you should always follow when having to deal with bad guests or indeed prickly people on this forum:

1. let it go
  2. let it go
  3. let it go

Thank you for articulating my own feelings so articulately. But please have a re-think about leaving; so many of us will really miss your wondrously pithy input. If all of us who feel similarly, left, there would be precious little left to engage with positively.

Thanks Joan, still here for little while. I honestly believe that the rules of any forum are set by the owners and it is their right to set the parameters. I’ve been on forums since the early 80s (anyone else remember Alt. and flame wars?).

But I have heard privately from some of my favourite members who are leaving. A real pity. I might try and set up a new forum. One where we can just be our ole peppery selves. The funny thing is I interact with people all over the world here and that is pretty amazing. Summer there and Winter here. The real reason the internet is great (even pre WWW for peeps like me). Good luck.:japanese_goblin:

For what it’s worth, I have always appreciated your presence here and I hope that you won’t be leaving. :muscle:

I haven’t “liked” your post, JJS because I don’t like it … don’t you dare go and leave us - after all, just think how bland all our fare would be without a little salt and a LOT of pepper!

you’ve always seemed to be one of the more easy going members! Not peppery, in any way at all.

The backlash is aimed at grumpy impatient members, surely?

I’ve been here a few years too and notice that flare ups are cyclical. I gave it a break myself for a while when the posts were about politics.

@JamJerrupSunset, hope you don’t leave, but if you do, perhaps you’ll be back after a bit when things settle again.

You say let it go, but you can’t follow your own advice? Gracious, this is a wound-up, angsty bunch… mad at guests, mad at posters, mad at moderators.

Well… bye.

Flounce announcement. Aflouncement

I’ve been a member of “online forums” since about 2002 or so. First it was a stock message board but I posted on the religion and politics sub-forums. In that time there was lots of angst as you call it. I also made two “friends,” men with whom I am still in touch via Facebook. One I’ve met in person twice. I’ve also met members of this forum and dog boarding forums IRL. Which is to say one can make real friends on forums; that alone is worth the price of admission.

On all these forums it’s the same. I taught for 28 years and the cliques and clans of the teachers were almost as bad as those of the students. The people that attended the church I was a member of were the biggest drama queens of all.

Each time a wave of drama comes, some are swept away with the current, some shout at the wind, some flip on their backs and float along.

Same as it ever was.

You’re blowing this all out of proportion. Surely you can’t be all that peppery. You’re still here, and you haven’t been banned for your pepperieness have you? I recommend that you continue to tell it like it is, till you can’t say what needs to be said. You may have run out of Sunshine, Glitter, and Rainbow Stickers long ago, but you’ve still got a keyboard. Use it.

@JamJerrupSunset - I agree with exactly what @Barns said. You seem to be one of the most easy going and humorous persons here.

Actually, I just had to look up “peppery” to see the true meaning…looks like it could be several things. When I read it the other day…I just assumed it meant to be a “spicy” personality, but in a good way. That fits you.

No, please don’t go. I love your down to earth comments. Maybe because I’m also from downunder?

Now then, @JamJerrupSunset, don’t be daft. I’m more ‘peppery’ and I’m staying right here. :slight_smile:

That’s a pity on them, and they are voluntarily making their own decision to leave the forum. Don’t feel obligated to take any stance along with them. If you feel that is best for you…then go ahead. However, you are very well liked and appreciated in this forum. I will leave it at that…

Peppery is a good thing. After the “can’t we just all get along” message on this forum asking us to be kind to one another, I encourage you to give this forum another chance. I’ve been beaten up in the past and dropped out for a while but found the information and commarderie valuable.

Maybe you can check-in every week or so and see if anything interesting is occurring and take it from there.

Now listen, dingbat, you’d better bloody-well stay right where you are, mate!

I’ll come 2020202020

The point is that many of us have been targeted and falsely accused as “meanies’’ by being frank and direct with sanctimonious posts pandering to ultra sensitives.

Don’t let some butthurt snowflakes chase you off this forum.
This is a host forum, hosts should be able to handle some honest/straight answers, if not, how will they ever overcome a negative review from a guest?

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!