Welcome wine gift? What about under age guests?

I can just imagine the guest review. “We appreciated that Robert supplied biscotti but were sadly disappointed he didn’t include Vin Santo for dipping. We had to deduct a star. Otherwise, great stay!”

5 Likes

That is so funny. I like biscotti a lot. They are fun to bake. My husband agrees with you that they are too dry regardless of how many times I point out to him that they are meant to be dipped.

1 Like

Honestly I worried about cracking a tooth biting into one. My dentist tells me that the most cracked teeth he sees come during the holidays, when people eat more unusual things, such as nuts or things they wouldn’t try at other times of the year. My dentist also says he gets cracked teeth cases after patients have visited Costco trying all the samples.

And peanut brittle!! No way Jose!! I like my teeth…thank you :smile:

I was close then as sherry is also a sweet wine. Knew it was something alcoholic !!

Sorry to be such a pain, but not all sherry is sweet. Personally, I prefer dry sherry. For all you who are wondering, I consider myself a connoisseur, not a lush. :wink:

2 Likes

thanks for sharing your knowledge. I only knew about dipping biscotti in coffee. But I don’t like mushy baked goods - so it was never my thing. For instance, I do NOT like cake with ice cream. Weird me.

I’m with you on not liking ice cream on cake. Melted ice cream on mushy cake, not for me. I do like biscotti. To me they don’t get mushy because the Italian ones are baked very dry, so when you dip them they get to just the right crunch.

1 Like

This is the same brand they carry at my Kona Costco!!! :smiley:

1 Like

So is this the Biscotti you give your guests? During major fall/winter holiday weeks I will usually leave a loaf of Oregon Trail Raisin bread from Sam’s Club, and a stick of butter. The guests are staying a minimum of a week so I don’t mind sporting a few more dollars.

Is this the brand you give them? I might try it if the group doesn’t come across as the Raisin Bread type…lol.