Welcome basket for holiday lodge

Yes I wash at home, but drying washing here is often a problem as it rains a lot- usually. I have a tumble dryer, but electricity has increased in price massively since the invasion of Ukraine. We use oil for heating (no gas in our village) so that’s also more than doubled in price too.
Last winter was cold - no global warming here :slight_smile: and we barely used the AGA too as it runs on oil. Missed the AGA as you dry washing on it.

2 Likes

In that case, I think I would ask guests to bring their own towels and sheets if they’re driving. Maybe you can offer towels and sheets only for folks that are flying in and charge them a small linen fee.

Unless you wish to use disposible paper bed sheets which seems wasteful. Maybe the used paper sheets can be used in the fireplace to start a fire. Not sure if there are any chemicals in the paper bed sheets.

I think under the circumstances your best bet is to have guests bring their own sheets and towels. If you’re providing towels maybe one per guest for three days. So if they’re staying for a week leave three towels for each guests.

I’d never thought before about the word ‘clotted’ but now you mention it, it does sound gross. And I hate heated milk too.

But I promise, clotted cream is gorgeous. :slight_smile:

2 Likes