Welcom pack thoughts?

Yes………………zxcbnmmnbvccz20

1 Like

It just depends on where you choose to place yourself in the market. I know that I can’t compete on price because there are thousands (possibly more) accommodation options in my immediate area.

Instead I compete on extras and service. Of course the extras are costed in but there’s still a good market for this type of thing. There are those who want to stay in the The Four Seasons Hôtel George V in Paris, those who want to stay in a nearby hostel and a lot of variations in between.

It’s up to each host to decide where they want to be and where they pitch their property. As an example, the apartment directly below one of ours is identical in size and layout, location (obviously), views - only the decor is different but they offer nothing at all in extras. We charge almost double their price but we’re booked all the time. They aren’t.

There is a market for guests who want the frills. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s all a business decision. I wouldn’t do it if the benefit weren’t higher than the cost.

2 Likes

It’s called Cost v Benefit Analysis, so I’m told :rofl:

We do it dependent on the value of the booking. Some Jamón serrano, curado cheese, couple of beers and a bottle of wine.

Add in some croissants or molletes, tub of jam, milk, fruit juice and a packet of biscuits.

Never more than €12, which when it’s a four, five or six hundred euro booking, is nothing.

Funnily enough, we only do it with BDC & VRBO bookings, not Airbnb.

JF

Especially for longer stays we leave little unexpected treats- sometimes a bottle of wine, package of cookies, fresh flowers, pancake mix + bottle of maple syrup from our neighbors… that sort of thing.

1 Like

a personalized note for the guest in the basket, snacks that our exclusive to your region, wine or coffee, anything that a guest can enjoy during their stay.

1 Like

We’ve always had coffee and tea but this summer we started a welcome basket with local products -soda, popcorn , chocolate bars and some other bars . Already someone has walked off with one of the baskets.

I used glass water bottles in my rental for awhile and the guest guide said “complimentary water bottles.” Of course I only meant the water in them, not the bottles. So one walked off and when I asked the guest if they had broken it they said “you said complimentary water bottles” so we thought they were meant to take.

We just have to guest proof what we do. I changed the guest guide to say please leave the bottles. I also switched to buying some drinks in glass bottles then repurposing those bottles instead of buying bottles for that purpose.

I hope your guests just thought the whole basket and contents were meant as a gift, similar to a holiday basket. I’ve collected quite a pile of baskets I’ve been given over the years, maybe you can find someone in your circle who would donate their extras to you.

1 Like

Just use an ugly basket LOL That’s what I use, can’t tell it’s ugly when it’s packed with goodies but when it’s empty, no one wishes to take it.

1 Like

My favourite “welcome pack” was in Rome, the host got us a bottle of Italian red and a CD with Italian songs - it was such a lovely touch!

3 Likes