Weirdest ever request?

OMGoodness! I nearly fell out of my chair laughing! @Astaire

1 Like

This guy is a fake but women’s concern’s about being safe are not. This has become quite the cause du jour here in the states with the Weinstein revelations and the #metoo campaign getting traction. My facebook feed is full of women telling their stories. I’m also seeing many many men who still don’t get it. Many attempts to talk to them in a language they will understand seem to fall flat.

4 Likes

I’m not sure we can say this for definite. Lots of people, hosts and guests, cut & paste the same message when enquiring/replying - me included! Plus he has nice reviews from trips in two different countries. I think we can only assume that either his account has been accessed/hacked by pranksters or he is indeed serious.

The #metoo campaign is so very important, I think, because it makes it impossible for men like me, who’d newer do a thing like that to think it does not happen … we are forced to face the ugly truth…

5 Likes

Can I like your post x ten please? So eloquently put. I applaud you.

1 Like

Sure. LOL.

I saw a facebook post about how women have come to think differently about their safety than men do. I wish I could find it again but I’d be scrolling for hours.

We see it here. We tell a woman to call the police to enter rental with her because the creep guest kept the key. Or tell a woman host to have a male friend come over while such and such happens, or the host who is going to have surgery and his wife wouldn’t be comfortable hosting on her own. And that’s just on one forum in a matter of weeks.

2 Likes

That is a good point. For whatever nature/nuture reason, men commit more violent acts than women. I wish the world was different. I would also advise a man not to confront an apparently disturbed/creepy guest alone.

Good point @KKC. In hindsight, I think what part my spidey senses was telling me when I said ‘something seems seriously off’ was basically the arrogance of it all, you know? Can’t help feeling that only a man would think it’s ok to impose their personal predilections on someone else and request the “rule” (interesting terminology, there…) that no other man is present.
Funny how, even at my age, I’m still conditioned to accept that stuff like this is somehow ok :frowning: Wish I’d been a bit more forthright in my response now.

2 Likes

I have to go to bed now. I was up far to early this morning and coherency has fled out the window this evening; blocked drains ad nauseum, workmen, et al , all day… Tell you what though, I can’t wait to get up to see what continues here; with a heartfelt goodnight!

1 Like