Weirdest ever request?

They are open and honest about it so I’d be ok with it… if you are not comfortable, politely say no thank you.

I think it is not wise to accept guests booked by a third party. The guest is then coming without reviews. Not safe

Yes, that is weirder any I’ve had! Sounds like they’re are testing you to see if you pass the outlandish request test. If you do then they have someone they can make even more outlandish requests of and full access to you alone in your home. It is unlikely there is any truth to this story. I wouldn’t book this guest in a pink fit. Just report them.

I showed this to my son, my new co host, I said ‘how would you respond to this request?’. His response ‘sure, your life (after raising his eye brows)’. Christ, I need to do more training here in rejecting bookings.

1 Like

OCD Occasional Cross Dresser…not so weird HAHA

Sounds like you’ve done a good job of training him for life though.

4 Likes

Good for you but I think a third party booking that states “the only rule is that can’t be any man there” (sic) raises a huge red flag, particularly for single female hosts. I don’t care for some stranger, who isn’t even going to be present for the booking, telling me ‘X is very polite’. I find it presumptuous at best. If he’d had the courtesy to contact me directly and hadn’t included the ‘no man present’ I’d have thought about it - he can wear whatever he wants as far as I’m concerned. But I’d still probably have declined because he clearly wants lots and lots of attention and that’s the one thing that I can’t be bothered with!

4 Likes

Don’t attack me for having a different opinion! If you don’t want different opinions don’t post to a forum like this.

I don’t think Magwitch is attacking you at all. She has simply explained that for single women hosts, there are red flags all over the place with this request. If she is attacking anyone, it is the person who made the enquiry, not you, but you seem to feel it’s okay to attack her. There are lots of different opinions expressed on this forum and Magwich is a long term, regular, lively and helpful contributor. I find your post offensive

4 Likes

Joan
For you to take offence is your choice. No offence was intended. How ever to answer me with a “good for you” because I voice an opinion, is rude. If you dont think so …. Good for you.

Ridiculous. The whole thing is not “open and honest” if the person is not booking for themselves.

I do agree that the man is breaking the basic rules by booking for a third party and you cant do that. So in that respect its end of discussion, so to speak. But he is being open and honest about it … You may not like what he is doing or saying and that your prerogative - I respect that, but he is being open and hones, you cant really say that he is not … can you?

@Jacob_Hasle_Nielsen

You don’t know if it was open and honest or not. It could have been someone making that story up to show up and attack you (“no men in the house”).

Please. I could give a rat’s ass what he or she does for sexual gratification, but I would prefer my guest have names and not referred to by their sexual preferences. Does this submissive not have hands to type? And the factory story is a big red flag. Who is this third person with the jaunty hat? The whole thing is a red flag.

1 Like

You do realize that it was established early on in this thread that this was a prank/troll/nit wit on Airbnb sending this request to multiple people? See below, Nothing ‘open and honest’ there.

:joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Anything in this life is possible.
As Airbnb hosted we let strangers into our home every day and only you can judge what you feel safe about and not.

I’d newer make a request like the one made in this case. It is not my life style. All I am saying is that I personally would be ok with it. Even if I might have a bit of a private laugh.

I myself made a guest leave not very long ago because the booking was made by a 3rd party and the guest made me feel unsafe. - Airbnb supported me in that.

I just don’t feel that my opinion is being accepted in this forum.

No one has to accept your opinion. No one has to accept mine. This is a free forum for exchanging ideas and opinions.

Sometimes, when someone posts a different opinion, I rethink my position and change my opinion. Sometimes, I don’t. But if you don’t post your opinion, I’ll never have a different perspective, and I won’t have an opportunity to change my opinion.

So, please, continue to participate.

1 Like

No i did not realize that at all.
Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

Non the less it is an interesting argument as it could have been true and so it exhibits our different limits as hosts.

Good to know what you can and can’t accept in your home, right.

1 Like

I think this is just your perception. @Magwitch did accept your view IMO, and everyone accepted each other’s, with wide variance in what we would do/thought. I value your opinions as do others.

Many, including my own son have said they wouldn’t be concerned, others, myself included that are female hosts are concerned about demands that no men be in the home and 3rd party bookings which are usually dodgy. But please remember this is all a moot point, it’s a fake troll, not worth getting worked up about at all.

2 Likes