Weirdest ever request?

Oh no, it’s the same guy :see_no_evil: ! I haven’t reported it yet since I still don’t know quite what to make of it… what did you say to ‘Teresa’??

I said:
"Hi, my place won’t be suitable because my son (aged 23) lives here. It’s written in the listing. You must know that your message seems a little strange… I have no prejudice or judgement but I don’t think Airbnb is a suitable platform for you, to be honest.
Best wishes "

And hit Decline…! It’s strange, he has two nice reviews both of them from last month and his reviews of them are good. Although one does raise an eyebrow in light of his…errr… requirements. “…a very friendly man, eager to spend time in your company, and extremely helpful around the place.” Perhaps she stood on his back while he licked the floor clean?

Sorry :frowning:

5 Likes

Yeah, I’m not one to judge hence why I didn’t report it. Shoot me down if you like, but I actually appreciate the fact that he laid the cards on the table which enabled an appropriate judgement call. I can only assume he sent the same initial message to those other hosts, who for all we know may have been into it ;)! Different folks, different strokes…

2 Likes

Nah, there is something seriously off about it. Can’t quite put my finger on it but my spidey senses are saying this is a piss-take and/or his account has been hacked. It’s just too glib with no acknowledgement of how this might make someone feel uncomfortable. One of the hosts he stayed with recently states in her profile that she lives alone with her two children, aged 10 and 13. No matter how open-minded you are, I can’t believe that a single mother with kids would accept such a request. But maybe I’m wrong. Anyway, I flagged it - there was no option to actually detail the concern but it might help if indeed the account has been hacked.

3 Likes

You might be right - I just read it as some odd bod trying his luck. Fair play to him if it’s worked out in the past and everyone came out unfazed. But then I do come from Northern England, which is basically the Mecca for weirdos :nerd_face:.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t not give a reason. Just decline. You are waiting for a better reservation.

Not sure, but I’ll try. A guest asked me to clip his fingernails.

1 Like

That being said, I actually have had two male guests (separately), one liked to dress in women’s clothes, the other was a women on Sundays (or weekends, I can’t remember) - it really wasn’t a big deal. One guest was kind enough to explain he would use the bathroom for longer on the days he was a woman because of makeup etc. and I said that was fine! I never had any creepy vibes or such, mainly because they were living out their “other” life away from their normal home, so maybe were still coming to terms with it themselves? Bottom line is, if I would have had weird vibes it would have been an entirely different story, but these guys were nice, respectful, and harmless.

4 Likes

ermigahd, that’s a bit intimate, in a funny kind of way

Did you cut him down to size?

:upside_down_face:

5 Likes

I say in my listing that I am LGBT friendly so I would have no probs with a trans person. But I live upstairs and don’t share the space. And guests sexual proclivities are their own business. But I think I’d want to see a photo first before accepting this offer lol.

You might even get them to clean the house, very well. And if not done properly they would do it all again!

3 Likes

That’s exactly what I was thinking. They’re PAYING you for cleaning fees AND doing all of the cleaning? Hell yeah.

1 Like

UPDATE : I think the profile has been deleted! Magwitch, can you confirm ?

1 Like

@Magwitch yeah, inquiring minds want to know

1 Like

@Kittyp @KKC No, it’s still there and he’s still naked and wearing a hat at a jaunty angle.

2 Likes

As they say in Quebec: “Suivante/Next”…

In hindsight, I think I missed a trick not allowing this fellow to book. Just think - I could have allowed him to dress up as me and resume hosting duties whilst taking a week out :+1:!

5 Likes

LOLOL! Can’t you still contact him and say you’ve changed your mind? LOL.

1 Like

@KKC Apparently not, he’s disappeared from my message list now :joy: