Week 7/3 specific days allowed booked

think. I want a specific week to be bookable in total only: arrive July 3rd & depart July 10th.
@tommykeane

Easy peasy. See screen shots
Appear pink because they conflict with my existing July rules

Hi. Thanks but it still allows me to book from before the specific week into part of that week eg 2-4 July. Tommy

Then try extending the Sunday checkin to include the prior week.

Keeping the min 7 nights will prevent your listing from being seen by people who are searching for 4, 5, or 6 nights.

I find that many people don’t plan exact 7 day trips. One technique I have used to incentivize longer stays is to increase rate significantly and then provide a discount for longer stays.

For example, if I want to get $1000 per night for one week (total revenue of $7000), I will set the per night rate to 2333 with a 3 night minimum.

Then I set up discounts for someone staying 4, 5, 6 or 7 nights as follows

target revenue 7000 for the week
per night rate to set 2333
nights discount total
3 0% 7000
4 25% 7000
5 40% 7000
6 50% 7000
7 57% 7000

I’d add that using the deep discount for long stays has yielded some highly profitable bookings. A VIP was visiting the island and staying at the Ritz. His security detail needed a place to stay. The security person booked 3 nights at a rate that was 5x my average rate.

Another time a wealthy person booked a short stay for a mechanic to work on his yacht. There are people out there who don’t need to check rates… they just book if they need a place in your location and availability is limited. They have enough money.

3 Likes