Websites, social media, etc

My new website is now online :slight_smile:

Iā€™d be delighted to showcase your listing. All Iā€™d need is a very short article from you (about 250-300 words) and your listing URL (or if you prefer, your own website URL.) I can lift images from your website/listing (as long as theyā€™re not Airbnb official photographs).

Iā€™ll send them to social media but every article has social sharing buttons too so itā€™s easy to send your articles to Twitter, FB, Pinterest (assuming great pinnable images), G+ and LinkedIn.

You can also have an author box at the bottom of your article showing people how to contact you and the address of your website and/or listing.

For anyone who wants to go even further, you could write articles featuring your rental such as:

The top attractions in xxx
The best places to breakfast in xxx
Visit xxxā€™s beaches
The best restaurant in xxx
Sports facilities in xxx

And so on.

Also:

I have been writing about various places (and will continue to do so) and therefore, every time I write about a location would like to link to a great place to stay in that area. For example, I wrote a quick article about Paris and linked to @Barthelemyā€™s gorgeous apartment.

At the moment, Iā€™m looking for places to link to in York and Edinburgh (UK).

Andā€¦

There are three places (two in the footer and one in the sidebar) where I am featuring listings. These will be seen on every page. One of them will always be my listing :slight_smile:
But if youā€™d like your listing to be featured in one of the other two spots, I will need the ā€˜badgeā€™ code that you can get from your dashboard at Airbnb.

I hope that youā€™ll join me in this venture :wink:

Edit: Hereā€™s the site.

2 Likes

I need to go and teach my kids, but Iā€™ll work on it this afternoon. Iā€™d love to reciprocate :slight_smile:

1 Like

ā€¦ how to write marketing copy and take good, local pictures.

Seriously! That is what I thought the second half of that sentence would be!

That will be great!

Here is an example of an article - from a friend who has a gorgeous (and very good value) rental in Italy.

The last pic is of Porto Fino in Liguria on the Italian Riviera ā€“ one of the places we visited in June. I want to be back in Italy!

I love Italy! Yes, Portofino is about 30 minutes away from Giovannaā€™s apartment.

1 Like

Oh thanks @jaquo :blush:

Youā€™re welcome :slight_smile:

We hosts need to stick together (unless itā€™s my next door neighbour!)

1 Like

Iā€™ve just written an article about a London day package that includes a river tour on the Thames plus a meal at a Marco Pierre White restaurant. Iā€™d love to put a link to a local Airbnb but Iā€™m terrible at remembering whose listings are where. Isnā€™t @Paul_Janaway in London? Does anyone have or can recommend a listing that would be suitable to link to?

Thanks!

Southamptonā€¦

Ha - I knew I had a terrible memory :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t worry. Half the world thinks London is the only city in the UK anyway. Lol

2 Likes

I used to get that all the time when I first moved to the USA. When people heard by accent and realised that Iā€™m English, theyā€™d say ā€˜My cousin Mary lives in London. Do you know her?ā€™ :slight_smile:
And no-one in this country has ever even heard of where Iā€™m from.

And it just goes to show how terrible my memory is - I lived pretty close to Southampton for years so I really should have remembered where youā€™re from!

2 Likes

I just started an Airbnb Super Hosts site on Facebook, but I may open it to all hosts: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1746485202282543/?fref=ts

ā€œThe goal of this group is to provide an interactive page for Airbnb Super Hosts (or all hosts) to share information, promote their listings, provide positive support to each other, offer tips and suggestions and tell entertaining stories from past Airbnb experiences.ā€

Itā€™s sort of like this group, but all information is on the Facebook ā€œGroup Page.ā€ I could profile hosts and their listings, especially if they send me a high-quality photograph and an interesting 200-word story about their Airbnb experience. My background, as an editor and public relations professional, is probably why I am interested in advancing this idea. I would love feedback and the idea. Thanks!

I donā€™t have the energy for yet another Airbnb Facebook group. I was a member of a closed FB group for hosts that was run by a Libertarian Nazi. Groups are weird things. They have their own cultures and ethos and vibe. I like this group. No one is in charge. It is not MY or YOUR or HIS group. This is OUR group.

5 Likes

I have articles either published or forthcoming about the following locations so if you have a listing in any of these places please let me know:

Cuba
Dublin
London
Edinburgh
York

1 Like

@CatskillsGrrl youā€™re funny and I totally see your point about possible issues with Facebook groups! I have not been a member of any, but do love that the airhostsforum.com community is personable enough yet focused. Thereā€™s both breadth and depth to the information available here and most importantly without distractions. On Facebook, you get way more info about a user and from other users, advertisers, the site itself, friends etc than is necessary for the topics at handā€¦ which can easily lower the quality of resulting conversations.

1 Like

In addition to the places I posted above, I have articles about the following places that will benefit from a ā€˜where to stayā€™ section at the end featuring your listings :slight_smile:

Adelaide (or Cape Jervis - the article is about Kangaroo Island)
Marseilles
Lyon
Nantes
New Orleans
Belfast
Cheshire (or within travelling distance of Oulton Park)
Mont Saint Michel (or near)
Key West (or the Keys just about anywhere)
London (within easy reach of Victoria Station).

Thank you :slight_smile:

Just hopping on this thread, dead season right now, how can I be added to your places to stay list for New Orleans?

Just let me have your listing and Iā€™ll take it from there :slight_smile: