We will "ruin your reputation" if you don't

Hey! I turn 27 every year! : 0 )

I feel like he’s the least valued member and yet the glue of the band. I listen to his more recent stuff. I even had his Klark Kent album!

I saw a few Police Picnics here with The Police, The English Beat (whom I go see every year as they come once or twice almost every year - FANTASTIC show every time, but I digress), Joan Jett, Peter Tosh, James Brown, Flock of Seagulls, The Spoons etc. Amazing.

1 Like

I haven’t a clue what that is or how it works???

1 Like

You nasty woman 202020

1 Like

blimey, rough customers!

2 Likes

From the sounds of things it was the whole town that they were displeased with, not just your place. However, THEY planned their vacation and chose your town, and your place.

I would initially have told them that I would refund any portion that was rebooked. But when someone threatens you and then lies about what you told them… Nope! No refund!

3 Likes

You’ve read my mind. My initial intention when they told me they wanted to leave right away was to think of refunding at least in part for the second night subject to it being rebooked. Once they threatened me, hors de question!

4 Likes

Ok folks, these guests left me a review a short while ago. And I returned in kind.

Congratulate me on my first one-star!

5 Likes

Bollox. Go for the bastards, big time! Host style hugs.

PS: I rushed reading… Will you post it here for us please?

2 Likes

Congrats! The stars just show an average and so that’s going to have no affect on your listing whatsoever. The review itself will soon be buried and will look like the anomaly it is should anyone scroll down to read it. Meanwhile, hopefully, those cretins will get some karmic payback. And didn’t you say they are from a different part of the world so their review won’t be visible until they scroll to the bottom to many people who search?

4 Likes

Did they tell you or wrote to you? I had the same with one guest’s and he left me horrible review not even stepping into my house. Airbnb removed it because of “extortion”. Butvhe wrote to me saying he will trash me if I don’t give him refund

2 Likes

I recently received a one star from an epic loser so you are in good company.

Meanwhile, my guests who just left wrote this…

11 Likes

Take this picture and put it on your listing. Congrats!

6 Likes

Thank you! Airbnb was quick to send me that warning letter about low rating! Which includes potential ‘temporary suspension’ of the account with repeat low ratings!

Correct. I’ve tested this to the extent I can simulate a different geography.

The bot sent an automated notice. Pffffttt. I got a one star this year. It was an accident and the guest claimed Airbnb said they couldn’t change it. She may not have actually contacted them. I was still booked as I could be up until I shut down for my trip/remodel.

5 Likes

They left me a review. After which, I left mine (I’d drafted it yesterday).
The extortion was made verbally.
The review itself is worded in such way it might not be interpreted as a violation of Airbnb T&C.

Besides, I wouldn’t want it removed if it means removing my review of them - I think the note I’ve made of their extortion must stay on their record.

8 Likes

One star for that, back stabbers

1 Like

Tut tut @cassid, those are two different people!

Sorry to hear about your guests, few of us escape the odd crappy guests, unfortunately they come with the territory. It’s hard not to take it to heart when you are sharing a home with them. This year I had 3 cancellations and refused to refund, it was just 3 days in total and I had done all the cleaning/ironing etc and just said feck you. If I was a newbie, I would have refunded immediately, Not now.
Don’t take it personnel

4 Likes

Thank you @cassid. Like you I think I’ve handled this lot better than I would have in my early days.

1 Like

They’re idiots. How frustrating!!! :angry:

Am dying to hear what you wrote - if you’d care to share!

4 Likes