We will "ruin your reputation" if you don't

What kind? :rofl::wine_glass::beers: whiskey? Gin? Stronger? Scotch? :cocktail::tropical_drink::tumbler_glass::champagne:

5 Likes

I need to be told this a couple of times!

This I will do, especially if they go ahead and review me.

But I would think with some reflection they’ll realize what he said was a give-away, that I’m now equally likely to hit back in my review. (If they are the reflecting type.)

So I don’t need to make this point explicitly before they review.

I’d like to think after sleeping over this, they’ll realize their folly tomorrow and move on.

5 Likes

Let’s hope I don’t have to mention this to them at all. If they contact me or raise a resolution for a refund, it probably means they haven’t changed their mind on the threat.

Good point too. Especially as prospective guests now first see only reviews from ‘co-geographs’ rather than the latest ones!

And I’ve had a couple of really positive reviews lately, one from their region!

Spirit for sure… :tumbler_glass::tumbler_glass:

2 Likes

Listen to Kona! Do not contact these schmucks again, not even to enter into the review discussion. Let him make the first move, as then you’ll have proof of extortion.

Thier behaviour is abhorant and they’re clearly too dimwitted to be reasoned with. Write the review so you have it ready in case they put theirs in first and you need to fire it off. In the event they don’t review you, work out when the last window of opportunity is to leave yours (and set a reminder).

And, not that I think you would- but please DON’T REFUND.

Not even you do get rebooked for tomorrow :blush::blush::blush::blush:

14 Likes

Spot on @Kittyp mate!

3 Likes

He didn’t get the joke but he does now.

1 Like

Seeing as I’ve had my review draft planned and in place within an hour or so after they left, with the idea of writing it only if they did first, I might be inclined to leave both reviews on so people can make up their own mind.

However, I wonder if it would be able to get Airbnb to just remove the ratings from my record (I’m not expecting more than one stars here) while leave the actual review text. Has anyone ever accomplished this?

I don’t think it is possible to remove the stars, but you can ask.

1 Like

I surely will, if need be. Especially, as I might like my review to stay on their profile.

Your review will stay even if theirs is removed. Make sure it doesn’t violate their guidelines!

I would advise,( having BTDT too many times in the past year) to review their TOS guidelines once more before posting a review. Sometimes we are so full of emotion when we write these reviews that we forget some little thing like hearsay, which will get it removed.

4 Likes

Ahh!! I had assumed that review removal will be reciprocal - either both or none. This is news to me!

Useful advice. I think I’ve worded my review draft quite factually. I might run it through folk before posting if I think necessary.

3 Likes

Pretty sure this doesn’t meet extenuating circumstances for a refund :joy:

Let me guess, another traveller with delusions of Shangri La 5 star grandeur booking an Airbnb at closer to motel 6 price and feeling ripped off! Please I paid $5 for a latte yesterday :hugs:

6 Likes

Haha, well said.

Possible. But they have more than a dozen reviews over 2+ years. (And they even mentioned it.) So I wonder if they really had an expectation mismatch or if there was some other reason…

Actually watch out for this. I’ve successfully had two reviews removed because they were downright lies, BUT only on the condition that my review of them was also removed. It probably depends on which rep you talk to, as with most issues.

2 Likes

There you go! I’d’ve thought that was logical - if they can’t ‘describe/proscribe’ you, you can’t them either!
It’s like how if you ‘block’ someone on a social media app, you become invisible to each other.
(To get philosophical, or theological, this derives from the Golden Rule.)

That said, @konacoconutz has a point too. So I guess there’s no clear answer, depends on the rep on the day. I think my first stab still would be just to get the ratings removed, not the review (text).

1 Like

I’ve never had a review removed. The last one was so vicious and hateful, so full of lies and accusations, but yet they said it “didn’t violate” any guidelines. Well what about the spirit of the community?

I hate the way I was treated by the reps in the escalation position. They had zero empathy.

Garden, you aren’t in the States so I wonder if they are easier on hosts in other countries? Super hardline here.

1 Like

Hmm, I thought Gardie was in the US (or at least NA)??

Is she??? Sorry, maybe I am wrong!

Not sure. Just a guess. Will wait to hear from the horse’s mouth - if it’s not bolted the garden lol.