We lost Loki on Easter

The most beautiful, most intelligent most affectionate boy pup in the universe. We are so gutted. Heartbroken. Just thought to share to our friends here. He will be missed, and is so missed. He and I we had interspecies communication, all our photos together prove it.
IMG_0059  2nd cropp

11 Likes

So sorry for you, gypsy. I know how devastating it is. Still feel my girl’s presence even though she passed a year and a half ago and still get choked up from missing her sometimes.
I’ve had a lot of dogs, but she was special. I know Loki was to you, too.

2 Likes

So very sorry for you. It is incredibly painful to lose a companion. I lost one of mine last July.

3 Likes

I’m very sorry to read this. Thanks for giving him the best life.

3 Likes

I am so very, very sorry for your loss. Bella Marie Pesky Paws sends purrs and Bengal hugs to you and yours. Loki was a beautiful sould.

2 Likes

So very sorry for your loss, Loki was beautiful. I’ve lost 2 of my 4 pugs over the past 2 years and am about to lose the 3rd. It is the only bad part about having pets we love.

4 Likes

@gypsy :sob: So very sorry for your loss. They are truly our family, and it hurts when we lose our furry friends. It’s been almost 4 years since I lost my girl, Tina, and I still feel her presence everyday. They never really leave you.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear about Loki.

2 Likes

My heart aches for your beloved being gone now. I know. Its hard. Hugs!

2 Likes

Sending gental hugs! Our pets take a piece of our hearts when they go.

2 Likes

So sorry about this. Take comfort in knowing that you gave your furbaby the best life.:pray:

3 Likes

Very sad news and know how very painful this loss is felt on an hourly basis. Hoping for sweet memories of your very special family member.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss. Every time I lose a pet, I lose a piece of my heart and soul. Hoping that your fond memories of Loki will bring you comfort during this difficult time.

2 Likes

Nothing can prepare us for this loss, ever! My sincere condolences.

2 Likes

Heartbroken for your loss.
I miss my little man every day and have a huge hole in my life.

2 Likes

I share this little poem often when people lose a pet. It’s not great literature by any means but it hits home, I think.

4 Likes

Thank you all for your loving heartfelt replies. I love that poem you sent IJCat.

Loki was buried not 30’ from our bedroom window with all honors. 49 long stemmed roses , 1 for each month of his life, and many wildflowers with him. Also a sapling purple flower Jacaranda tree.

We are so gutted.

But, we are taking Bella to meet a Fawn all natural Dobie boy on Saturday and that gives us hope our pack will be complete again. If we get him, his name will be Ki-too.

My heartfelt wishes for you.

Understanding Loki buried not cremated, I thought you might be touched by this ‘created picture’ showing a couple throwing their beloved dog’s ashes into a pond and the reflection below. Loki lives in you heart, always, and in all those you touch, and on and on.

Source: Thoresenphotography, Instagram, photographer: Cecilie Thoresenis

5 Likes

That picture made my eyes water so badly. :cry:

4 Likes

I just saw this. I am so, so sorry. I am sure you are devastated and Bella must be missing Loki terribly. I may have already shared these pictures of Loki with you, which I took while dog sitting for him and Bella last August but I’m posting them anyway, I case I missed sharing any of them with you before.

6 Likes