WATERFRONT Properties

Safety and other WATERFRONT vacation properties discussions.

Lots - there is a search function available.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @Magdadavid. Lots of discussions have been had, the search function is your friend. Or you could try and be more specific in what information you are looking for.

RR

What is it you want to know? Just dropping an open-ended comment, and then ghosting doesn’t help us help you.

I have a waterfront property - canal. And a pool. I do not allow any children or infants.

Reminds me of a gal I know thru FB. She IM’d me and said “tell me everything you know about renting out a home on Air.” That was it. I replied with a question and a few facts, but she was not satisfied with my short response.

I suspect there may be a language disconnect occurring here…

:upside_down_face:

JF

Normally I’d agree with you, but not so much on this one. I think the OP was told to use the search functions and never bothered to say “Thank you.”

Here, have my 2 cents… :wink:

1 Like

I wonder why she shouts the words WATERFRONT?

So we know it’s important TO HER?? :wink: OK, clearly time for Happy Hour over here. :tropical_drink:

1 Like

Ha - here too. :wine_glass:

2 Likes

One day we need to gather the gin-and-wine-soaked hosts in an AirBnB that allows parties and meet up! :wink:

Actually, we should probably just rent a couple of river barges somewhere. A flotilla with a dedicated bar barge and barge bar boys and girls.

Now that it the best idea I’ve heard in ages. The trouble is though that I wouldn’t remember a thing the next day! :crazy_face:

1 Like

Our waterfront / riverview stay is View Only for Guests. It is a 3rd floor private apt. Guests have no physical access to our backyard or waterfront.

1 Like

I have waterfront property. Sorry, WATERFRONT.
Since there is no real question, are you asking something like whether you should let guests use your canoe?
You are?
I can answer that! The answer is no. Do not let your guests use your canoe. They will tell you they have lots of experience, then get into it backwards and hold their paddles like they are churning butter.

3 Likes

Thanks, Lawre​:rofl::joy:. And, of course, we’re not laughing WITH our dear guests, we’re laughing AT them ( mixed prepositions intentional​:wink:)

And that’s a problem because …?

Hi everyone, sorry for getting to this so late. I appreciate the response and was surprised. Thank you every one. Yes I am new to this and was doing a search on discussions regarding waterfront listings and happend to create a new topic. Lol. I am not ghosting but hosting lol. I found it amusing and interesting that people responded so quickly and with such experience in using this forum. Thanks again.
What my questions are but not limited to is how best to market waterfront listings and any safety issues people had with waterfront stays. Ill be back later with a couple other events that happend. It seems like people like to invite their friends and family to overtake the waterfront. I get it, but I had 17 people (family and friends of guests) that came with children to play while 2 guests stayed for a summer weekend. Talk about stress! I did not want to be rude as not to get a bad review, instead i baby sat the event. Since then I made it more clear on my listing and decided for preapproval and an extra charge per visitor for day use. It detered future guests who wanted to invite larger number of visitors.
As to water toys, yah I decided to post signs “use at own risk”. We also have life jackets and require people to wear them if kayaking, etc.

1 Like

You gin soaked fellow oldies are always welcome in the beautiful alcohol centric city of Jerez.

I’ll send you all a short list of decent places, that doesn’t include ours.

:stuck_out_tongue:

JF

1 Like

That’s funny! I never liked gin tastes and smells like pine , however I have never eaten pine cones or needles. Cheers!

Madga, have you searched and read this forum? Because you’re new to this, as you say, I think it would be a great idea to get some basics straight. A few things you’ve said indicate that you’re probably not controlling your guests as well as you could be.

You’ll find plenty of great information here and within the Airbnb help pages and TOS; they have loads of information too. :slight_smile:

1 Like