Wanting to hear from new hosts

Hi everyone! I posted earlier about our research project at Rice University – we decided to widen the scope to give more people the opportunity to participate… see below. And thank you again!

I am looking for Airbnb hosts (from any country) who have been hosting for less than a year (and with no more than 20 guest reviews) with a private room or shared space to interview for a research project. I am Research Analyst at Rice University working with Scott Sonenshein in the Business school (in Houston, Texas).

Some of the things we are interested in learning more about: 1) how people prepare themselves for hosting (both logistically and emotionally), 2) what types of boundaries people create and enforce 3) how people move past bad experiences.

Interviews take place over the phone/Skype/Zoom—your choice.

To thank you for your time, we are offering a $30 Amazon gift card upon completion of the study. We are also willing to share our research results at the end of the project.

If you are interested in participating or have any questions about the study, please message me or respond to this post. You can also email at: Kristen.Hogan@Rice.edu

Thank you so much for your time!