Waiting, waiting, waiting for people to review

Maybe I am fortunate but most of my guests review me. Its to their interest that I review them…

I think it would be nice for Airbnb to let us edit our reviews if the guest does not complete their review of us within so many days. They are screwing us by not reviewing us, why can’t we screw them?

Not sure when the new review system came into being but I have definitely noticed fewer reviews in the last couple of months. I think my last 4 sets of guests haven’t reviewed (though 2 of them are still within the 14 day Airbnb window to do so)

1 Like

For what it’s worth, only about 20% of Airbnb guests write reviews. Though, what you can do to make this review process easier is invest in vacation rental software that lets you build the templates for guest reviews using predefined elements.

Wow! This makes me feel great about my 80%. Made my day, thanks.

Wow, really? I’m curious where you got that number. I’ve had way more than 20% of people review me, and I’m brand new.

1 Like

Many Airbnbs, maybe a majority at this point, aren’t run by solo homeowners. They are run by investors and property managers. They aren’t really “hosting” they are “short term renting.” Their service isn’t very personal and the guest never meets them. The listing is nice and ticks all the boxes but since there is no relationship with a person, people don’t review. Just like I’d review a personal chef who prepared a meal but I wouldn’t review an Applebees. I stay in “one host, one home” style Airbnbs but if I did stay at the corporately managed Airbnbs I might not review them either.

3 Likes

Yeah, that makes sense. I wish there was an easy way to differentiate when people look at a listing. Because for the people that DO review, the review will be much different if they are reviewing a single person vs a corporation. Or at least mine would. I would be way more forgiving in a review for a small mistake when being hosted by a single person or family than I would be for a mistake made by a large company with a full staff. And I think a lot of people leaving reviews on Air are reviewing as they would a hotel or something.

When I look for airbnbs to stay at I look to see if they have other listings. If they don’t then I proceed to read their listing copy to see if they live there or nearby. I did stay with a host in a city who had more than one listing but it seemed he was just a guy with a few listings, running them himself. Sure enough he checked us in personally and worked in the yard for a couple of hours after we got there.

2 Likes

When I do install security cameras anyone disabling them will get booted immediately because I’ll have a house rule that says “Any guest who disables or blocks a security camera or cameras will be subject to immediate eviction with no refund.”

Why not leave a review???

My guess is it is because the one writing the review is not there one driving and they are on a LONG car ride and have plenty of time to read previous ones and are competing with them…or something similar anyways, since they have lots of time as the passenger on the interstate.