VRBO Stand alone house rentals

Supposedly. But what you have to understand is that you can’t rely on Airbnb to cover you for anything. You have to run the gauntlet of their abysmal customer service dept., most of whom are clueless and to whom you have to repeat the same thing to endlessly to try to get them to comprehend what the issue is. You will be required to submit photos, and then some other rep will tell you to submit everything you’ve already submitted again. Then you will wait for months while they dither around, continually telling you that their “team” is looking into it. And then at the end of all that they may either pony up, offer you a fraction of what you asked for, or reject the claim.

The AirCover for guests is new, so no telling whether if a guest got hurt on your property and lodged a claim, whether it would be as much of an unreliable joke as it is for hosts.

It’s entirely at Airbnb discretion. This is not “insurance” or “guarantee”. Like, say, a proper insurance company. It’s up to the Airbnb agent who receives the claim. That’s not " Insurance ".

Proper insurance is required by law here, so for us, it doesn’t really matter what Airbnb does or does not do

Ahhh - so honestly I hadn’t thought of it as a product I’d license out. Amongst other things - I’m a developer at heart - so it’s just something I built for us.

We host a yacht, and have it listed that this is not a good environment for small children, multiple levels, steep stairs, the whole water issue, we do not have baby gates, etc. But we also have to follow USCG regulations that children 12 and under have to wear a PFD anytime they are on any outside deck portion. We have nothing against hosting children, but the safety issues are clearly detailed.

We only allow verified guests to instant book, so far that’s been working for us and we have had the best guests (granted we are very new at this!).

1 Like

Can I be your friend?

3 Likes