VRBO payment schedule choices

I certainly dont trust ABB reviews either.
We all know the issue with ABB reviews…it heavily skews to 5 star.
Here is an article about that topic…

1 Like

I notice that too and wonder about it?? I’m at a solid 4.6 and that looks to never change in the 8 years of Air hosting.

Currently they charge 8% if you sign up for free. The 8% includes paying VRBO 5% commission and 3% for domestic credit cards. You will pay more for international credit cards. They also charge guests a service fee. The service fee is now “dynamic” - meaning basically whatever VRBO/HA thinks the market will bear, is what they will apply.

Yes, you are on the hook for chargebacks. Also, you are on the hook for chargebacks with Trip Advisor (if this hasn’t changed under FK rules). A while back I asked two FK reps. if I would be held responsible for chargebacks and they said “yes.” Then again, policies and reps. change.

I know Air says you aren’t responsible for chargebacks but I am still not convinced. Way too many reports of them coming back weeks/months later and refunding for something that doesn’t really qualify as an extenuating circumstance. Air reps. also told me that they would not reveal if the customer did do a chargeback.

I agree that VRBO/HA are trying to slowly be like Airbnb and it is hurting them in my opinion. I get the bulk of my bookings from ABB but i was subscribed to VRBO for 2 years as well and did get consistent bookings. I didnt renew when the time came a couple of months ago because they started enforcing a whole bunch of new rules (fees for travelers, increased commissions, etc.) and I was doing well enough with ABB anyway. I do have my own site for my rentals as well and I list with some other sites like HomeEscape which people say is like “the new VRBO.” (im in a FB group called say no to VRBO fees)
I also saw this on Twitter a couple of days ago lol (I’m guessing cause VRBO announced that they were not going to allow communication with guests before booking which is really what made them different in the past)

1 Like