VRBO frustration! I refunded in full, and they charged me again for the same amount like I did not!

@CanadianHost
Got you, thank you very much.
Yes I rent out the whole house.
Do you also have a stategy how you verify a guest on VRBO? Sometimes they provide no information at all like if they book a hotel room…

@konacoconutz @azreala @cabinhost @anon67190644
Also, wanted to let you know what happened next)))
Finally VRBO refunds me money, in 2 payments, which has nothing to do with the amount of the reservation. I am shocked. It’s actually little more than they owed me, but I just can’t believe my whole experience with them! Ive never seen anything like that before. They never gave me an explanation or update, never replied to my emails. It’s all just automatic responses. People on the phone also were not able to have a conversation with me! They could not answer the question and didn’t listen to me and did not do anything to help. I doubt they even looked at my case!!! What a sad experience!!! :joy:

3 Likes

Adventures in Hosting. Glad that you got your money returned, but wouldn’t it be nice to understand what actually happened?

1 Like

It’s exactly my point - would love to understand

• but this company is impossible to deal with, they don’t communicate
1 Like

I ask the person to tell me a little more about the group and the nature of their stay. I specify on EVERY reply that guests must abide by the quiet hours of 10pm to 8am of the area and that, if there is any question whether they will honor the quiet nature of our family neighborhood our home is not a good fit for them. That alone is enough to change most peoples’ minds if there is a chance it will turn into a party.

If I’m still concerned, I’ll call and speak with them. If I still have concerns I will not proceed with the booking.

I generally end up with pretty good guests. Oddly enough, the time that we had the most damage was through Airbnb with supposed additional security that the guest would be pre-vetted. But that might just be me - maybe I expected more security and didn’t ask as many questions as I should have. Lesson learned.

NO WAY would I just Instant Book with someone without having questions answered. And I much prefer NOT to put payments through VRBO - your story is a prime example of why.

1 Like

Thank you @CanadianHost!
Love it. Great strategy and thank you for sharing it. It’s exactly what other VRBO host told me, they do exactly the same and in 4 years have had only positive experience with the guests.
I am glad you are not dealing w VRBO directly, in terms of customer service and security VRBO is a joke :blush::slightly_frowning_face:
For me since most of my income is through Air I will focus on them. Not sure I will renew my subscription w VRBO next year, but will think more about it since I do like to get money in front)

1 Like